 Space / *19752 (-20)
  Re: The XR20 Tadpole.

Hey Tim, It looks really good. Also, I was looking through your new stuff folder earlier (though it looks like it's in unmoderated status now) and I really like some of your other ships, too, especially the one with the two Jango Fett canopies. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: M:tron poster scanned (at last)

Wow. This is really nostalgic for me- even though I never even was alive to get any MTron! :) All the cool spaceships and rovers and bots, all performing their heavy industrial job... no lightsaber or R2-D2 in sight. -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

That's actually very cool! The soccer parts work well like this, and the 'color-coding' is nice, too. I really like the big antenna array on the front of the cube, you did that really well. 'The Cube- featuring greater volume then a pod' Did you (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Seed Part

(...) Dang it! Another Seed Part I don't have. :-( Oh well, maybe next month... Nathan Wells (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) Does it smell sorta like vanilla? I think I know this product, but I can't remember the name either... -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

(...) filler pieces work really well too, like a way of color-coding the cubes. They strike me as a great way to do cargo containers. And there I was at TRU, looking at Lego discounted by 70%... not buying because the set consisted largely of these (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

My gripe, as I said in my original post, is that TLG uses paint to decorate elements that severely limits their usage outside of that theme. Hence, they don't get used that much, if at all. It just seems a shame to limit the flexibility of some of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) Yep, I've run into both issues. A friend found a plastic polish that doesn't leave trans elements cloudy, but I forget the name of it. It was in a silver bag, and the polish was soaked into a piece of cloth. Other than that, it works like a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

So, is your gripe the fact that TLC uses paint to decorate elements, or that TLC decorates elements for themes that don't quite match you building style? I tend to keep all decorated pieces just the way they are. Sure, they might not get used that (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

Wow, that's really groovy! It's like a Borg version of the Pods. Can't you see a giant cube breaking into hundreds of these? Like the pods of the Suliban (spell?) in Enterprise. Cluster together to form larger structures. Excellent work! BTW, I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  M:tron poster scanned (at last)

Hi there, while searching through my large pile of Lego-related paper (instructions, posters, adds, etc.) I came across this poster, what do you think?: (URL) made an effort to scan it (had to hook up my GF's computer with scanner into my network (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  My Seed Part MOC: Warp Generator

I couldn't participate in the previous Seed Part MOC ... I didn't own any of those pieces. I was really glad to see that the new one was one I owned! In fact, I was so glad that I went right out and built something. (: Here it is. (URL) let me know (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

I have used Brasso in the past. It worked quite well on the large trans-green UFO saucer sections in the Arachnoid Star Base. The thing is, Richard is right. Brasso has its limitations. If TLG implemented better design in their decoration, we (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

This just seemed so obvious, I had to do it :) I know it's really simple looking, but there's loads of fun customizations that can be done inside and out - I spent hours tonight dreaming up a bunch (and building many of them). Many more pics and a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: New Seed Part

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:H823s1.CL8@lugnet.com... (...) With the right add ons, your example would make a cool looking cryo sleep thing. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) On trans-elements, use of Brasso leaves the element slightly cloudy. On those printed 2x2 slopes, printing gets into the crevice running along the sides of the element and is not at all easy to get off even using Brasso. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Classic Spaceship

Is that stuff on the car "snow?" I haven't seen that stuff in ages. BTW, great job on the ship Jon! Going to do a fleet? Mark (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  RE: New Seed Part

(...) in (...) Jon, I hadn't visited the /space area on LUGNET prior to reading your post. I plan to visit more frequently. You are doing a very nice job as curator of the area! Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) How can I argue with this? All I can say is that you would be well served to go buy a can of Brasso somewhere, and strip that crap off. (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  New Seed Part

There is a new Seed Part in the .space sidebar. Check it out! (URL) will have a new computer review ready soon. I'm also going to fill in more of the URLs on the Roll Call. [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact