 Space / 19744
Re: A few comments on decorated pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:30:23 GMT

So, is your gripe the fact that TLC uses paint to decorate elements, or that
TLC decorates elements for themes that don't quite match you building style?
I tend to keep all decorated pieces just the way they are. Sure, they might
not get used that much, but there's always that one application where they
are perfect...

-Duane

In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
I have used Brasso in the past.  It worked quite well on the large
trans-green UFO saucer sections in the Arachnoid Star Base.  The thing is,
Richard is right.  Brasso has its limitations.  If TLG implemented better
design in their decoration, we wouldn't need Brasso.

Plus, Brasso takes elbow grease to work.  LOTS of elbow grease.  The idea of
cuing up a dozen or so pieces, scrubbing them intensely (which can be rather
strenous and frustrating as small pieces are difficult to hold firmly while
applying the necessary pressure to remove the paint), and then having to
wash them makes me consider tossing them into the consignment bag.  I want
to play, not scrub paint!

This really isn't a big deal or anything, I just wish TLG would stop trying
to add visual pizazz with paint and instead do it with innovative design.

Dave