 Service / *40 (-20)
Re: Missing Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 06:17:07 GMT

Check out http://www.lego.com/help/default.asp

They have a phone number [(800)442-5346] where you can call for
replacement pieces.

In lugnet.service, Ken Tkacs writes:

"Michael Jorgensen" <jorgensen@iprimus.ca> wrote in message
Well, It finally happened...I bought a set with a missing piece

I myself just bought a set yesterday that has two deformed pieces in it. It
is the "Fright Knights" 'Witch's Castle.' The legs of the two 'guards'
mini-figs, the ones that are safely sealed in the vacuum-formed insert, both
look melted. The plastic around them doesn't seem to be disturbed, so I have
to believe they were packaged this way.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in a Lego set. I don'
t want to take it back to the store because at this point the set is
discontinued, and I don't want to lose the chance to have it. But I'm
disappointed that the legs are all melted. I don't know what to do about it.

Subject:
Missing Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:20:28 GMT

Well, It finally happened...I bought a set with a missing piece

I myself just bought a set yesterday that has two deformed pieces in it. It
is the "Fright Knights" 'Witch's Castle.' The legs of the two 'guards'
mini-figs, the ones that are safely sealed in the vacuum-formed insert, both
look melted. The plastic around them doesn't seem to be disturbed, so I have
to believe they were packaged this way.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in a Lego set. I don'
t want to take it back to the store because at this point the set is
discontinued, and I don't want to lose the chance to have it. But I'm
disappointed that the legs are all melted. I don't know what to do about it.

Subject:
Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:03:39 GMT

Does anyone know how to get back issues of Lego magazines? There's a strange
dearth of contact Email addresses on the Lego web site.

Re: New Shop @ Home Catolog, when does it come out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.service, Chris Pederson writes:
It seems like its been a while since the last Shop@home catolog came out,
anyone know the schedule on these?

Thanx

From LEGO's "Bulk Pak" WEB site, it looks like a new catalog will be out in
July.  The following can be found at:

WWW.LEGO.COM/BULK

All New Shipping!
Long-time customers know that up until now regular shipping charges were
included in our prices.  While convenient, you may not have been aware of
the overall value we offered when comparison price shopping with other
direct retailers.  In response to requests, our pricing now excludes
shipping charges and we’ve added a modest separate charge for shipping.
This new pricing policy applies to this special offering of the new LEGO
Just Imagine Bulk Paks and for all other items will be effective starting
with . . .

our new Summer 2000 catalog which will be available to US and Canadian
customers in July.

. . . We want you to be able to enjoy the convenience of
shopping direct, so we’ve made a commitment to keep shipping and handling
costs reasonable and a good value!  See below for complete shipping
information. For Shipment to Canada, please add an additional $2 USD to
regular shipping rates below.

Order            Regular
Value            Shipping

Up to $20     =  $2.50
$20.01 - $50  =  $4.50
$50.01 - $75  =  $6.50
$75.01 - $125 =  $8.50
$125 and up   = $10.00

Well, it looks like LEGO S@H will be getting a little extra when we place an
order.  We'll have to see if the set prices go down from those of the previous
catalog since the set cost doesn't include shipping . . . (I doubt it - but
we'll see).

I'm looking forward to getting my catalog too.

Subject:
New Shop @ Home Catolog, when does it come out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 17:12:31 GMT

It seems like its been a while since the last Shop@home catolog came out,
anyone know the schedule on these?

Thanx

Subject:
How do I order missing pcs.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 15:10:33 GMT

Well,

It finally happened...I bought a set with a missing piece.  First off, I am
amazed at LEGO's QA.  LEGO has got to be the easiest thing in the world to
mess up on packaging nut I have never found a set with a missing piece...until
Saturday.

I bought 7159 (Pod Racing Bucket) and it is missing a 1x2 dark grey plate,
which I noticed once I got to page 29 of the instruction booklet (building the
engines of the 4th racer).

Who do I call to rectify this? LEGO Canada? LEGO Direct? What is the number to
phone and what is the procedure? (i.e. how do I make sure they know what piece
I'm talking about?)

I am in Canada (near Toronto)

Re: Is S@H the best place to get an infusion of Gray Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 19:31:26 GMT

Strange - S@H isn't available in the UK, and I thought I'd never find some
grey bricks.  Then, two days ago I was on a sailing trip and we stopped at
Lymington, just south of the New Forest.  In a toyshop there I found an old
box of Lego with set number #805, marked 'Supplementary Set from 5 years'.
The 'not for children under 36 months' warning appears on the bottom in
Fench, Italian, Greek and Swedish, but not English.  Then it says 'Made by
Lego AG, Switzerland (C) 1986 LEGO Group.  I don't think this set was ever
officially available in the UK (I don't recall ever seeing grey bricks in
any catalogues - I would probably have got them for Classic Space models
back in 1986), but it contains exactly those bricks described as Service
Pack #5145.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any more - and I had to explain
to the rest of the crew why I was buying Lego.

I'll be glad when the Lego world shop re-opens.  The national boundaries on
what Lego sets are available have always bugged me.  I know they still want
to vary release internationally for high street sales purposes, but I'll be
glad when you can buy what you want, wherever you are.

Jason J. Railton