 Robotics / Scout / 158
Re: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:32:07 GMT

In article <G8rCvK.9Gs@lugnet.com>, "Alex" <neo@fortworks.com> wrote:

If you're using a Scout then you need to add the -Tscout option...

nqc -Tscout -d test.nqc

Unless you are using NQC 2.3 b1, you'll need to manually set the Scout
in "power mode" before trying to download.  (version 2.3 b1 will do this
automatically for you via some IR commands).

Dave

Thanks I got the test.nqc flie to download and it worked....but when I
try any
program from the unoffical guide to lego mindstorms robots like the Hank
The
Bumper Tank program, it gives me the undifined variable error it says
"undifined variable 'SENSOR_TOUCH'" same with Zangs light seeker program.
the only program that works is your test.nqc program...am I not saving
the
program right? I save it as "Hank.nqc" but when I put in that name it
cant
find the file I have to put in "Hank.nqc.txt"
kinda weird

Alex

Most of the programs out there are for the RCX, not the Scout.  Where
possible, the APIs are the same between the two, but there are a lot of
unavoidable problems.  For example, the RCX has configurable sensor
ports, so the program must make calls to tell the RCX what sort of
sensor is attached to the port.  The Scout has fixed ports (1 and 2 are
for touch sensors, 3 is the built-in light sensor), so configuration
calls do not exist.

Assuming that the program does not make use of resources that simply
don't exist on the scout (third motor, rotation sensor, multiple light
sensors, datalog, etc), then porting the RCX program to the Scout
shouldn't be too difficult.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com