 Robotics / Scout / 155
Re: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:47:11 GMT

Alex wrote:

If you're using a Scout then you need to add the -Tscout option...

nqc -Tscout -d test.nqc

Unless you are using NQC 2.3 b1, you'll need to manually set the Scout
in "power mode" before trying to download.  (version 2.3 b1 will do this
automatically for you via some IR commands).

Dave

Thanks I got the test.nqc flie to download and it worked....but when I try any
program from the unoffical guide to lego mindstorms robots like the Hank The
Bumper Tank program, it gives me the undifined variable error it says
"undifined variable 'SENSOR_TOUCH'" same with Zangs light seeker program.
the only program that works is your test.nqc program...am I not saving the
program right? I save it as "Hank.nqc" but when I put in that name it cant
find the file I have to put in "Hank.nqc.txt"
kinda weird

Alex

As far as sensors go for the SCOUT you DO NOT have to declare them at all. Just
comment out anything to do with declaring Sensors. The scout uses a different
command to get the RAW values.

For the Scout the the sensors are always TOUCH.

Hope that helps.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html