 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 227
Re: wired expiriences UPLOADING & SAVE-IMAGE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:29:39 GMT

Hi Ralph,

If I understood well, do you have plans to make an alternative "tools"
directory in your next release?
In that case I would be glad to propose my "terminal" for your collection.
(I will send you the code by e-mail)

Sergey

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
Sergey wrote...

Nice to see an interest to the subject (even not so cheerful ;)

Ok, first question, you are right, it's quite boring. But this is the price
for "power". I believe that only direct byte-code uploading will be faster. • My
only suggestion - use some alternative uploader. For instance, I’m using my
own Java implementation. My usual settings are 0 ms for character delay and
100 ms for line delay. In additional, my uploader suppresses all blanks
(including the comments). So, I have loaded quite big programs (even • packages
from other Forth systems) relatively fast.
Choice to use the standard terminal is up to you. You can • adapt/implement/use
anything that sends a byte steam into the COM port.

Sergey, would you like me to bundle your Java uploader with pbForth releases?

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,