 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 220
RE: wired expiriences UPLOADING & SAVE-IMAGE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:12:31 GMT

Carsten wrote:

I've tried different positions even under my desk. But it won't work.

Taken out of context, this sentence is a bit strange :-) Think of Bill
Clinton...

after 500 - 1000 chars the first transmission error occurred normally
inside a word definition.

Hmm, have you tried breaking your source into smaller chunks? What is the
definition that is failing. I have lots of scripts that are 2K or more
and they load fine...

i've done this already (yesterday evening). In perl. If there is a need
for such a simple tool, then i can upload it tomorrow because i've got
no network access at home.

Absolutely. I'm happy to distribute it in a tools directory (with credit).
The more tools for different platforms we have, the more pbForth will
be the power tool of choice for the RCX.

rx is a simple xmodem receiver. It receives from STDIN and sends to
STDOUT. there are others like ry,rz,sx,sy,sz (all links to the same
executable) depending on the name in ARGV[0] they are switching
behavior.
cu is capable to call programs with ioredirection, so its all i need.

I know about rz and sz, I guess rx/ry/sx/sy are natural to have as well.
I'll have to dig around in my Cygwin dir for these...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com