 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 219
Re: wired expiriences UPLOADING & SAVE-IMAGE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:07:24 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:

Carsten wrote:

first of all, i'll have to say, that i'm very glad to have a FORTH on

Yes, you are right. I have the char delay to about 10 or 20 msec and the
line delay at 100msec. Remember that your monitor and other IR sources
may interfere with comms to the RCX. Try fresh batteries and put the
bot and tower under a box...
I've tried different positions even under my desk. But it won't work.
after 500 - 1000 chars the first transmission error occurred normally
inside a word definition.

I also have (maybe available soon) a script that pulls all the white space
and comments out of a FORTH source file. This helps a LOT.

i've done this already (yesterday evening). In perl. If there is a need
for such a simple tool, then i can upload it tomorrow because i've got
no network access at home.

This is the link to the second point. ...

Are you using XMODEM at the host side?
if you mean an xmodem capable program, YES! i use 'cu' and 'rx'. for all
non unix guys:
cu is a simple serial line tool from the old days of UUCP (cu means
CallUp)
rx is a simple xmodem receiver. It receives from STDIN and sends to
STDOUT. there are others like ry,rz,sx,sy,sz (all links to the same
executable) depending on the name in ARGV[0] they are switching
behavior.
cu is capable to call programs with ioredirection, so its all i need.

Cheers Carsten