 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 726 (-20)
  Problems with datalog

I wrote a simple program that adds any messages received to the datalog. It also beeps after it logs each message so that I know it is working. The CreateDatalog() command doesn't seem to be working. It seems pretty simple. What am I missing? The (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: -raw codes for NQC's Raw command

(...) Did you look at (URL)? (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  -raw codes for NQC's Raw command

I require the codes for STOP and OFF for the RCX (and if any of the others are different, them too) This is for a new programing front end for NQC for the disabled. nqc -raw code Where 'code' is that's what I need for the STOP all programs and power (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

(...) What about the picture quality? Could the Camera used as a cheap alternative instead of a digital camera? Only for web pictures of Lego creations, of course ;-) Regards, Hakan (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

This sounds like progress. Now I just need to learn more about the messages VC is sending to the RCX. Is there a way to upload a program from the RCX to the computer. I'd like to know more about what is send to the program 5 slot. What does it do? (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC Source Code available

(...) Cool, thanks! I'm not an experienced Delphi programmer, but I plan to play with Kylix ( = Delphi for Linux from Borland/Inprise) when it's released, so given time (a scarce commodity these days) I may produce a Linux port. (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC Source Code available

In recent months many people have asked me for extending RcxCC, in particular by adding Scout support, the new NQC 2.2 and dealing with RCX 2. The problem with this is that, although it is easy to make it possible to call the new NQC, the rest of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

I purchased Vision Command tonight from Target. I must say I'm rather impressed with what I've seen so far. I bought VC mainly for its applications with RIS so that is what this post will focus on. The VC software allows you to film time lapse and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and Vision Command

Target has them in stock. (...) G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com "Indian, indian, what did you die for? Indian says 'Nothing at all.'" -- Jim Morrison (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and Vision Command

(...) Where did you see it? On the official Mindstorms website LEGO says it will be available in september 2000. Thanks, Eelco Kooiker (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and Vision Command

(...) Depends a lot on how they structured the Vision Command software. My understanding is that all of the vision recognition runs on the host computer (not the RCX). If the program logic also runs on the host and the end result is that the host (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC and Vision Command

LEGO has recently released the Vision Command set. I'm not real big on using the Mindstorm programming software as it is not that powerful. I was hoping to use NQC to program robots that use the camera from Vision Command. Does/will NQC have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout programming in RcxCC

(...) Zhengrong - I tried replying to your e-mail, but it bounced. I'll reply here (since the answer may be of interest to others as well). The issue was that the above code needed a Wait(9) in order for the sound to be heard on the Scout, but the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) I was fairly certain it had the "00.00" and the person - I can't guarantee the 00.00 bit but I know it has the standing person which changes to a walking person when you select a program and press run. (I also assumed that if it got to that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Scout programming in RcxCC

After follow Dave's suggestion, I am successful to use RcxCC for Scout programming, here is the method. Edit two batch files named rcx.bat and scout.bat in rcxcc directory, the content of files are as follows: set NQC_OPTIONS=-TRCX rcxcc set (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Communication with the RCX looks fine, but the RCX is refusing to change the program. This is exactly what would happen if no firmware was loaded. Are you sure you have firmware installed? With firmware, the display will look like this "00.00 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Ooh, good point. I was assuming that the programs he was running were programs for the robot with which he was testing, and that he could tell that they were the right ones. Not a very good assumption, actually. (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) The RCX has, by ROM Firmware, 5 factory entered programs. In all 5 slots. The easy way to tell if there is firmware installed is when you turn it on you see 00.00| |= little man. Without firm ware all you see is | Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC stdin & stdout

(...) That's my current plan. I tried the normal way and it lost the file name, the current dir, everything. It has become VERY frustrating... But I should have it soon. I'll be offering it free on our site. I'll post when it's done. Dean -- (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Ordinary electric lightbulb. Nothing too bright or too dark. I might try moving the tower and brick under a chair when I get in from work tonight and see if that makes a difference. I brought the packet trace in today in case it looks familiar (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact