 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 716
Re: NQC and Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 07:10:34 GMT

In article <FzIK9w.GBz@lugnet.com>, "Ryan J Schave"
<ryan-nospam@eclipse-online.com> wrote:

LEGO has recently released the Vision Command set.  I'm not real big on
using the Mindstorm programming software as it is not that powerful.  I
was
hoping to use NQC to program robots that use the camera from Vision
Command.

Does/will NQC have support for Vision Command?

Depends a lot on how they structured the Vision Command software.

My understanding is that all of the vision recognition runs on the host
computer (not the RCX).  If the program logic also runs on the host and
the end result is that the host computer is controlling the RCX by
remote control, then NQC wouldn't be able to be used at all.

However, if the vision processing software just sends messages to the
RCX, and the RCX is still running autonomously under its own program,
then it should still be possible to write the RCX program in NQC.  I'm
not sure what, if any, special support would be required.

Playing with this at all is a low priority for me.  I rarely use
Windows, so I'm not going to buy Vision Command unless I can get a Mac
driver for the camera.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com