 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 709
Re: Connecting to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:16:53 GMT

Steve Kersley wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Matthew Miller writes:
Does the RCX have the firmware installed?

It should!  It certainly did last time I used it but I wasn't sure whether
being without batteries would cause the firmware to need reloading.  It
certainly powers on and runs programs in all slots which suggested to me that
the firmware was present and working...

The RCX has, by ROM Firmware, 5 factory entered programs. In all 5 slots. The
easy way to tell if there is firmware installed is when you turn it on you see
00.00|     |= little man.

Without firm ware all you see is        |

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html