 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 701
700  |  702
Subject:
Connecting to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:25:26 GMT

Any pointers on how to get NQC to actually talk to the RCX would be gratefully
received!

I've searched around and tried everything that I can come up with but still
can't make NQC send data correctly to the RCX.  I've doublechecked that the
serial port really is working with another device.  The tower seems to be
getting the data (the green LED lights).  I've tried using 'nqc -v -raw 10' -
that doesn't produce an error but every other command just comes up with 'No
reply from RCX'.  I know that the RCX must be talking back to the tower
because if I turn the brick off and try sending again in verbose mode I get a
different set of results as the tower keeps trying to resend the same line
over and over instead of just moving on to the next packet of data.  The end
error is still the same however.  I've tried reseating the battery in the
tower with no luck.

I could post (or email) the packet traces generated by NQC if it might help
anyone come up with a solution!

I'm currently using the Win32 version of NQC (but I might try the linux
version later on).  I can't try testing the connection with the official
Mindstorms software because I seem to have cleverly misplaced the CD
temporarily when I moved house and my PC doesn't currently have it installed!

Any thoughts or things to try next?