 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 706 (-10)
  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Yeah it suggests that to me too. What's the lighting condition like in the room? (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) It should! It certainly did last time I used it but I wasn't sure whether being without batteries would cause the firmware to need reloading. It certainly powers on and runs programs in all slots which suggested to me that the firmware was (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC stdin & stdout

(...) Could you copy the entire contents to the clipboard, then have your program write the clipboard data to a temp file? (you'd still avoing having to create pipes, etc) Dave Baum (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC stdin & stdout

(...) Yes, that would be the easiest way but also the most annoying as it forces me to change the file name on the users editor. I'm looking in to a DDE command way to avoid this, but so far without success. Thanks for your help btw. Dean -- (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Does the RCX have the firmware installed? (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Connecting to RCX

Any pointers on how to get NQC to actually talk to the RCX would be gratefully received! I've searched around and tried everything that I can come up with but still can't make NQC send data correctly to the RCX. I've doublechecked that the serial (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About Scout programming

(...) The Scout only supports passive sensors externally (touch and temperature). The light sensor is supposed to be used as an active sensor (although in some cases you can use it passively and get reasonable results). The Scout does have its own (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  About Scout programming

Hi I have a light-seeker NQC program for RCX, I want to port for Scout, does anyone know how to do it? Then does Scout use external light sensor? BR Zhengrong (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Need help with my program

(...) Yeah, I could really make my programs simpler. Like I said, this is one of my first. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Need help with my program

Your program is pretty difficult for me to follow...way too many tasks starting and stoping one another. For something as simple as the algorithm you described, you can probably take care of all the light seeking in a single task. If you still want (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact