 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 704
Re: NQC stdin & stdout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 01:11:41 GMT

In article <3999C39C.190471B6@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

Dave Baum wrote:

From a more practical standpoint (given that I'm unfamiliar with the
Windows capabilities for exec'ing tasks, pipes, etc), if I had to do
this I'd probably take the lazy way out and have the calling program
just create a temp file, and pass that on the command line to NQC.
Inelegant, but very easy to implement.

Yes, that would be the easiest way but also the most annoying as it
forces me
to change the file name on the users editor. I'm looking in to a DDE
command
way to avoid this, but so far without success.

Could you copy the entire contents to the clipboard, then have your
program write the clipboard data to a temp file?  (you'd still avoing
having to create pipes, etc)

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com