 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 698
Re: Need help with my program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:30:32 GMT

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:20:52 GMT, Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com>
wrote:

Your program is pretty difficult for me to follow...way too many tasks
starting and stoping one another.  For something as simple as the
algorithm you described, you can probably take care of all the light
seeking in a single task.  If you still want to break out separate
sub-functions (checking the light, etc) then use functions rather than
tasks.  Functions run synchronously to completion, then control returns
to the caller.  This makes things a lot easier to follow and debug.
Here's a rough sketch of how the program could work..

Yeah, I could really make my programs simpler. Like I said, this is one of
my first.

task main()
{
SetSensor(SENSOR_3,SENSOR_LIGHT);

while(true)
{
   forward();
   find_darker();
}
}

void forward()
{
OnFwd(OUT_A + OUT_C);
Wait(200); // 2 seconds
Off(OUT_A + OUT_C);
}

void find_darker()
{
int old = SENSOR_3;
int new;

while(true)
{
   // turn a little
   OnFwd(OUT_A);
   OnRev(OUT_C);
   Wait(50); // 0.5 seconds
   Off(OUT_A + OUT_C);

   new = SENSOR_3;
   if (new < old) return;

   // use this next line only if you need the new reading to be
   // darker than the previous one.  If you want it to be
   // darker than the original, then eliminate the line
   old = new;
}
}

-----

Taking care of the bumper is probably a good candidate for a second task
since it must happen in parallel with finding darkness.

Hope this helps.

Dave

In article <39903946.913805@lugnet.com>, yellow5guy@prodigy.net