 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 436
Re: Curious problem with download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 05:06:12 GMT

In article <FpD69A.E51@lugnet.com>, "Pete Johnson" <pete@sei.com>
wrote:

I will do this. It is strange that the only way I can download is with
Solaris
using the verbose option, and then only if I turn on the RCX after nqc
starts.
Is there some initial thing that is downloaded by NQC that could cause
the
problem, and when I turn the RCX on after NQC starts the download it
misses the
initial portion.

NQC will first attempt to 'ping' the RCX, but if this fails I'm pretty
sure it will give up completely.  However, each command that is sent is
retried several times (with increasing timeouts for each try) until an
acknowledgement is heard.  Its possible that quick success on the 'ping'
leaves the timeout too fast for later on, but this shouldn't really be a
problem since the later packets use retries and increasing timeouts as
well.

Its all very strange.  Can you send e-mail me the trace when using the
verbose option in a failure case?

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com