 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 421 (-20)
  Re: Curious problem with download

(...) downloading (...) I don't see any strange behaviour here; the hinky USB-to-serial interface is going to be your culprit. I had no problems using NQC on my PowerCenterPro (PowerComputing Macintosh clone) with a direct serial interface, but when (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Curious problem with download

I just got Mindstorm set, and since I do not have a PC, NQC seemed like a great place to start. I tried Mac NQC and did not get very far downloading the RCX firmware. Every attempt resulted in the IR tower not seeing the RCX. I have a G3 blue and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: opposite of float command for nqc ?

Thanx. That solved my problem. (...) including a (...) directions (...) drives. (...) used (...) where (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: opposite of float command for nqc ?

In NCQ & RCX Code, "Off" is the closest one gets to "locking" a motor. It will resist being turned, but in a crane application I can envision enough force to externally turn the shaft. You can prevet this from happening by including a worm gear in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  opposite of float command for nqc ?

is there a command for ncq the lock a motor in place, sorta opposite to the float command? I have a arm that i have made and it sits sorta like a crane with a motor to rotate it up and down. Problem is i need it to stop at the bottom to pick an (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: ncq proximity

(...) There's a fairly good example of proximity detection on Simen Svale Skogsrud's site. He posted a proximity task in NQC with his vector rover example. The direct link to the code is (URL) Ian Warfield (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  ncq proximity

does anyone hae a complete example of proximity code for nqc. i keep finding snipets but not a complete example. I'd like something a bit more advance than the example for nqc. the example i saw used multiple samples to determine if an object was in (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

(...) Scout support in 2.1 b3 is identical to 2.1 b2 (except for a bug fix). Some info is given in the README: (URL) information is in the file scout.txt included with the distribution. As for "Full" support, there are still a number of open issues. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

(...) That's really a question for Dave, not me. But the answer is: yes, there is support, but it's not finalized. There's a file called 'scout.txt' in the distribution that explains things more fully. (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

Will this ver. support the Scout ? Fully? thanks. -Mike (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: identifiers in NQC

(...) There isn't any practical limit - symbol storage is allocated dynamically and the lexer grows its buffer as needed, so identifiers may be as long as you want (until you run out of memory) and every character is significant. This isn't the most (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

Linux builds of NQC are now available in tar.gz and RPM format at: <URL://www.mattdm.or...orms/nqc/> including the new 2.1.b3, as well as the stable 2.0.2 release and some docs packaged nicely. To the best of my knowledge, these binaries work (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

(...) Works great with RcxCC now! Uwe (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  identifiers in NQC

Usually there is some compiler rule that states: identifiers must be unique within the first _____ characters. That is, long variable and other identifier names may be allowed to be quite long, but they must be unique somewhere in the first X number (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

Will try to have linux builds/rpms up at <URL://www.mattdm.or...torms/nqc> (I'm considering setting up nqc.mattdm.org as a more easy-to-remember URL...) within the next few days. Would be right away, but I'm on vacation and away from good net (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.1 b3 released

No new features - just a few fixes and tweaks: * output files now default to current directory rather than next to source * fixed the __SCOUT bug * fixed the RcxCC problem - two part solution: 1) trailing directory delimiters are now optional on -I (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help with rotation sensors

(...) You could probably change the first line to while (SENSOR_1 < target_distance) and it should work fine. Since you want to keep the two rotation sensor values (and hence the two wheel distances) equal, each sensor will individually measure the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Help with rotation sensors

Hi all, I'm new to programing so this may seem like a silly question. I'm using two rotation sensors with the program below to eliminate drift caused by different motor speeds. Is it possible to break this loop when a certain distance is reached? I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test

(...) Its actually an unfortunate side effect of an upgrade to my compiler...for a more detailed explanation see the tread starting here: (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Proposed solution to RcxCC / NQC problem

(...) Your proposal is great. Looks like the very best way to go. Uwe (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact