 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1831 (-20)
  Re: Help me convert this train program to use events (NQC)

(...) Speaker wire and small alligator clips will make a dandy solution for extending the basic wires - after all, you really only need one very long wire here (to the "remote station"), and yoiu have a working set-up. (...) Have you built and (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, FTX)

  Re: Help me convert this train program to use events (NQC)

(...) If the rcx is on the train why not mount touch sensors on the underside looking down. You could then attach small ramps to the track which would trigger the sensor. If you put the sensors on a spring loaded mounting you shouldn't have problems (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, FTX)

  Help me convert this train program to use events (NQC)

For Christmas I'm setting up a LEGO train on top of a narrow wall, so it has to operate like a shuttle -- stop at each end and reverse motor direction. My first attempt had a train regulator attached to a polarity switch, with the switch being (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: compiling problem

(...) I'm glad that your problem was so quickly resolved. Isn't LUGNET great? In the future, if you have problems compiling NQC code you might want to post the exact error text generated by the compiler. If you use BricxCC to run NQC the full error (...) (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: compiling problem

thanks for the advice rob, it compiled successfully (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: compiling problem

(...) thanks for replying Kevin, a) i did not know there were compile options, how do i change them? b) i am getting parse errors on the close brackets just before ELSE and the third-last bracket thanks (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: compiling problem

You are missing semicolons after the: Wait(turn_time) lines (both) And a code suggestion, instead of: task drive() { while(true) { OnFwd(OUT_A); } } make it: task drive() { OnFwd(OUT_A); while(true) { } } as the motor stays OnFwd until turned off. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: compiling problem

Hi Bennet, Before we can help, we need a bit more information: a) What NQC compile options are you using? b) What syntax errors are you getting? Kev (...) <snip> (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  compiling problem

could someone please tell me what is wrong with this program? i am new at nqc and can not seem to find a way to compile it. the program is for a front-wheel-drive tricycle similar to Michael Gasperi's version of a "grey walter turtle" #define (...) (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC/BricxCC test

(...) Only if active is meant to cause the watch window to quit polling for values if some other BricxCC window is the active window. When graphing this means that after you bring up the graph window you need to click back on the Watch window to (...) (19 years ago, 18-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC/BricxCC test

(...) Duh! I had 'only if active' ticked and I dont suppose that changes in my light sensor were enough to trigger it. I now have watching the brick & graphing working! I notice that (unused) counter 0 and 1 take on the values of var 0 and 1 and (...) (19 years ago, 18-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC/BricxCC test

(...) This seems to have fixed all the problems that I was having with the serial tower and Bricx. [It also downloaded new (Swan)firmware OK] The template right-click is great too :-) I wasn't able test out the new (Vers.10) graphing part as I dont (...) (19 years ago, 18-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC/BricxCC test

I could use some help testing a modification to NQC and BricxCC which is attempting to correct some problems I introduced with the serial IR tower and also the USB tower. Could a few adventurous souls download (URL) and try out the NQC and BricxCC (...) (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC release 3.1r4

(URL) changed the Spybot program code generation slightly so that it matches that generated by the MindScript compiler. Tasks which are not empty are no longer ended with a Stop Task sequence. Empty tasks are ended (as before) by a Stop Task (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC release 3.1r3

(URL) a bug in expressions like a = a*2 + a*3; Thanks! John Hansen (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Latest version BrixCC

(...) I have not yet made an official 3.3.7.9 release of BricxCC. My apologies for the delay. For now you can use the latest version in swan_test.zip. John Hansen (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Latest version BrixCC

Hi, I found on the sourceforge.net the Brixcc version 3.3.7.7 and in the swan_test.zip the version 3.3.7.9. Is there a newer version? Regards, Jan Kromhout Hellevoetsluis-NL (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Here's a code byte from my LegWay code. ---- int MotorSpeedArray[32] = {1,3,2,0}; // Speeds // ... later in the program... if (sys_time>CheckTime) // check system timer - is it time to check sensors again? { L1 = ReadSensor(SENSOR_1); L3 = (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Hi Steve, As I'm quite new to BrickOS and to C programming, I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood what you meant, neither how you do this : (...) - Do you check the sensor at a higher rate, and only send a command to the motor at 1kHz ? - How do you (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Well, in BrickOS, my loops usually execute at > 1kHz, so I usually just set it to check the sensor, and set the motor every 1ms. So it just keeps checking the clock. (...) Yes. There's an option that lets you download an "SREC" type of file. I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact