 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1801 (-20)
  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) I agree with Steve that the code samples you posted are probably BrickOS. Now to acheive what you want, it might be a waste of power, but you could always blank off the light itself with a peice of black card or thin black packing plastic. If (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Matt, There are a few ways you can program your RCX. The main choice is if you use the standard firmware, or not. The firmware is pretty much like Windows Operating System. If you use NQC & the standard firmware, you don't need to worry about (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) inside the RCX *directly*, not running programs layered on top of the standard firmware. And if you want to use NQC, you have to work within the limits of the standard firmware (OK, ignoring Dick Swan's firmware, which I've still not been able (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Hi Brian, Thanks for your response. (...) I'm not sure if I get this, because of C code examples I've seen, which I'll discuss again below. (...) I've tried this already, and as you say, it works, but the sensitivity goes waay down. For a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Perhaps - but the standard firmware implements a "virtual machine", and so you don't generally have access to physical registers. But... (...) You can configure the input port that the light sensor is connected to as a "passive" sensor (so (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use NQC to directly set bits in RCX registers? And if so, how does one do it? I've seen C code examples of this in a few places, but no NQC examples. Specifically, I want to turn on and off the red (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Arrays and functions in NQC

(...) No. No. From the NQC Guide: The RCX2, Swan, and Spybotics targets support arrays (the other targets do not have suitable support in firmware for arrays). Arrays are declared the same way as ordinary variables, but with the size of the array (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Arrays and functions in NQC

Two little questions for the NQC gurus... - Is it possible to use 2-dimentionnal arrays in NQC? - Is it possible (and if yes what is the syntax) to pass an array as an inline function parameter? TIA, Philo (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Button events with NQC

Hallo, I am new to developing software for the RCX using NQC. I have some experience using Java programming with Lejos. My Question: Is there a way to react to button events, and how? What I mean is, that I would linke to ask, wheater the e.g. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Swan firmware crash!

I have put "fast0103.lgo" on web page. It appears that web page on my ISP (drjsoftware.com) doesn't match the local copy on my PC's hard drive. It will take me a few days to update. I'm also planning to release a firmware update in the same (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Attention please: Swan Problem demi-solved!

Here's the problem! I don't have fast0103.lgo, on swan's site there's only version 1.01. I think using that firmware (where can we find it?) and new NQC API all my problems are solved. About driving servo: to generate PWM for servo motors a (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) This is the old-style Swan API which is deprecated. The Swan API built into NQC uses MotorPower128(n) and SetMotorPower128(n, m). With the latest version of NQC you no longer need to include the old swan.nqh header file. The old swan.nqh file (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Attention please: Swan Problem demi-solved!

(...) Quite possibly you have an old version of the Swan firmware. My copy is called fast0103.lgo dated 2005-01-13. Dick sent me an updated version back then when I was working on the NQC API for his firmware. I don't know if it is available (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Attention please: Swan Problem demi-solved!

I tried to use files included in OLD test_swan.zip and RCX don't throw exception 40 no more! Then I tried a program with #include "swan.nqh" with latest NQC version and RCX throws exception no.5! To Dick Swan: NQC API is changed from old test_swan (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) I already post a simple code that causes the error: (URL) task main{ SetMotorPower128(MTR_A,100); SetOutput(MTR_A,OUT_REV); Wait(300); Off(MTR_A); } The command SetMotorPower128 is the cause. (if I remove it, all works). Today I get also the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Swan firmware crash!

Exception error 40 is intended to indicate that you've tried to write to an invalid source parameter value. "Source parameter" is the first byte of an internal interpreter variable (0 is variable, 2 is constant, etc). If you send me the NQC source I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) Here is Bricxcc help about those commands: SetMotorPower128(const int motor, const int &v) Function - Swan Set the power of a motor to the specified value (using a scale from 0 to 127). SetMotorPower128(MTR_A, 100); ___...___ (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) That's where your completely wrong. I can see the error, calls to motor power should be set out like this motorPower128(1) = MyVariableName; in this example the constant "1" means set the power to output B to the value specified by (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) * Maybe I wasn't too clear, but really there isn't much to say: it is the SetMotorPower128 command that causes the error. * Another question is: why costants MTR_A or MTR_B don't work at all? Here's the code(all the code): task main{ (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan firmware crash!

(...) You haven't given us(readers) much to go on. I had a similair problem but finding the solution was a bit of a fluke. If you could provide some info like program size, and a description of what the program does or some code we may have more (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact