 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 171 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) I think that if you do something like this you should use a semaphore to secure no tasks access y and z simultanously. But that wastes another variable storing the sema. (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) That's exaclty what I was thinking of doing. Originally, the compiler had no way of allocating temp variables which is why code for % couldn't be emitted. The temp allocator is now pretty good, so I could emit the above sequence, but it just (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) x = y % z is equivalent to (where w is an temporary integer): w = y / z; x = y - z * w; I can't think of a useful use of % just with constants. Ciao. Marco. (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) FWIW, I did something similar to this using NQC and the Datalog. It uses variable0 for polling and letting the PC know the Datalog has some "stuff" it wants to send. (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) Cool, that'd be great. What I'm looking for is: nqc -listen and then all IR messages sent by the RCX via SendMessage would get dumped, one per line, in decimal, to stdout. Additional parameters could make the format be comma-delimited, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) You can sometimes fake it by sending "bad" codes in -raw mode with verbose mode turned on (-v) and a long timeout (-t). For example, to examine the Lego remote codes I kept typing this: nqc -v -t 2000 -raw 10 Since I didn't have an RCX around (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) Yes, that is what I'm looking for. Unless anyone else knows of anything, I guess it's time to dive into the coding. :) (...) Yeah, that would work great. Does anyone have code that does this? (Don't want to reinvent the wheel...) I know of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) If I understand you correctly, then this is more difficult than it sounds, because the IR tower shuts down after a few seconds after the PC stops transmitting. Things work fine if the PC initiates a conversation (e.g. by asking the RCX to send (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Listening to IR via NQC

I know that NQC can send IR messages; can it -- or any other command-line program -- listen to the IR port and dump any incoming messages to a file (or stdout)? (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC mentioned in Swedish technical weekly!

Hello! When reading this week's 'Ny Teknik' (New Technic), a weekly magazine for engineers, I found a short note about NQC. The article is about Lego Mindstorms, which is just about to be released here in Sweden, and the last part of the article (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

A bug in the document. * and / are legal for any expressions. % is restricted to constants. I know the restrictions are confusing. The problem is that the RCX opcodes are somewhat incomplete. Now that I think about it, I can probably generate (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.0 and some math questions

Dave, You state in your documentation that * / and % can be used on constants only, but your example has x * Y in it. What is it that you mean? Does this mean that one can only do a y = 5*4 using these math routines? Does this mean that, for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 has been released

(...) Yep, you got me. Should've been "one bug report". Dave (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 has been released

(...) That would be "one _known_ bug", right? :) 2.0 looks great, by the way. (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.0 has been released

First beta had only one bug, and second beta seems stable, so NQC 2.0 is finally released. Actually, a lot of the delay was because I was wrapping up the documentation. For more information, see (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Yes, it appears to use the same packet level formatting. It does use a new bytecode (0xd2) that isn't seen elsewhere. This bytecode needs two bytes of data to follow. These three bytes of "payload" are encoded the usual way with a three byte (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Dave, It is basically just exactly what you describe. It usually takes about 200us or so to "see" the incoming 38KHz signal, common I suppose for an integrator to react to the signal getting through the band-pass filter, then a Schmidt trigger (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

The advantage to using lego.gerf.org, is that with the faqomatic, you can upload any data (text, images, compiled source) into 'bags'. This allows anyone upload what ever they feel they need to compleat their idea. Of course, the all web interface (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q:#include and RCXCC 3.0 beta help requested

There was a bug with #include for files using MSDOS line endings in NQC 1.0b1. I'm pretty sure RcxCC beta 3.0 used this version of NQC. The bug was fixed in NQC 1.0b2, which is available from (URL) for an include path, try setting the environment (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Q:#include and RCXCC 3.0 beta help requested

Hello. I have two questions about #include. I am using RCXcc Beta 3.0. 1. How do you specify the default include path. Is there an environment var? 2. When I use the full path (E:\lego\application...\file.nqh) I get an error that says there is no (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact