 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 161 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

A bug in the document. * and / are legal for any expressions. % is restricted to constants. I know the restrictions are confusing. The problem is that the RCX opcodes are somewhat incomplete. Now that I think about it, I can probably generate (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.0 and some math questions

Dave, You state in your documentation that * / and % can be used on constants only, but your example has x * Y in it. What is it that you mean? Does this mean that one can only do a y = 5*4 using these math routines? Does this mean that, for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 has been released

(...) Yep, you got me. Should've been "one bug report". Dave (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 has been released

(...) That would be "one _known_ bug", right? :) 2.0 looks great, by the way. (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.0 has been released

First beta had only one bug, and second beta seems stable, so NQC 2.0 is finally released. Actually, a lot of the delay was because I was wrapping up the documentation. For more information, see (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Yes, it appears to use the same packet level formatting. It does use a new bytecode (0xd2) that isn't seen elsewhere. This bytecode needs two bytes of data to follow. These three bytes of "payload" are encoded the usual way with a three byte (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Dave, It is basically just exactly what you describe. It usually takes about 200us or so to "see" the incoming 38KHz signal, common I suppose for an integrator to react to the signal getting through the band-pass filter, then a Schmidt trigger (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

The advantage to using lego.gerf.org, is that with the faqomatic, you can upload any data (text, images, compiled source) into 'bags'. This allows anyone upload what ever they feel they need to compleat their idea. Of course, the all web interface (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q:#include and RCXCC 3.0 beta help requested

There was a bug with #include for files using MSDOS line endings in NQC 1.0b1. I'm pretty sure RcxCC beta 3.0 used this version of NQC. The bug was fixed in NQC 1.0b2, which is available from (URL) for an include path, try setting the environment (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Q:#include and RCXCC 3.0 beta help requested

Hello. I have two questions about #include. I am using RCXcc Beta 3.0. 1. How do you specify the default include path. Is there an environment var? 2. When I use the full path (E:\lego\application...\file.nqh) I get an error that says there is no (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) They are one and the same. When transmitting, the IR tower just uses the RS-232 TXD line to switch on the 38kHz carrier. It also has some timing circuitry to keep it alive, and an Rx side, but the Tx is painfully simple. You'll probably see (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) The Sharp GP1U581Y is a 38kHz receiver that incorporates an amp, a limiter, a bandpass filter, and a demodulator ... outputs a low while receiving an IR signal, a +5V high when not. It does NOT do any decoding. (...) From what I've been seeing (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  [OT] Decoding the LEGO remote control

Hi All - - A couple of weeks ago I received my LEGO MindStorms #9738 remote control. It's really cool to be able to select, start, and stop programs ... override the motor controls ... send messages, etc. If fact, it's SO COOL that I want to be able (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) What exactly does the Sharp IR receiver do? If it uses Sharp's ASK modulation, then you may have a problem. Ideally, what you want is something like a phototransistor to a good preamp, followed by a bandpass around 38kHz, then some sort of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) I agree, a central site is key to this working. I thought a web site might be able to give the best interface, especially if it had a java front end that facilitated checking code in/out. (...) In the sample code that came with the NQC (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Pick one to be master and have the others shadow it for better performance? (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

Whoops, there are already 4 propositions of nqc code repository. Which one is ideal? imho, the best we can have is only one place, with all the stuff. Or some kind of colaboration between the different hosts. Else, this won't be as usefull as it (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

Hello Dave, First, let me thank you for NQC ... you've made my RCX playing tremendously more rewarding. I've been wanting to use a Sharp IR receiver to demodulate the signal from a LEGO remote control, and then a PIC to decode the rx output for use (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Too bad! So, the next thing I wonder is if there's any way to get an RCX to _send_ these packets to another RCX... (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC API

I've been using NQC a bit ... and when the NQC 2 Request was posted, I got to thinking ... What about making a standard API that is not changed (except for officially) and a 'macro library' that can be added to and downloaded off of a website or (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact