 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 147
Re: Code Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:11:57 GMT

At 04:21 PM 9/18/99 +0000, you wrote:
Whoops, there are already 4 propositions of nqc code repository. Which
one is ideal? imho, the best we can have is only one place, with all the
stuff. Or some kind of colaboration between the different hosts. Else,
this won't be as usefull as it looked to be. If we need to check five
differents places to find some code...

But well, this code repository is a great idea !

I agree, a central site is key to this working.  I thought a web site might
be able to give the best interface, especially if it had a java front end
that facilitated checking code in/out.

I have another comment. The nqc code is sometimes useless if there is no
robot plan associated with it. How can we use some code if we don't have
the original lego design from the author? It could be very usefull to
put together some "projects", including both the nqc code, and the plans
(ldraw files?)...

In the sample code that came with the NQC distribution, there were always
comments detailing the robot and what motors and sensors were hooked up to
which outputs and inputs.  I've found this format very useful and have
included it in all of my programs.

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net