 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 133
Re: Code Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:46:05 GMT

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 11:30:01PM +0000, Andy Bower wrote:
Joel,

Anyone interested in setting up a code repository for NQC?  It could be a
place to look for cut and paste routines that you could use in your
project.  If you had a cool piece of code that had some reuse value, then
you could upload it to the repository.  Right off hand, I think of
proximity detection code, or navigation code that might be handy to have • in
a repository.

The easiest way of implementing this would be to use the Lego-Robotics Wiki.
Because it doesn't require an administrator it's easy for anyone to add the
code/samples that they want. For NQC you can choose to add your links off:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/NQC.htm

or

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/NewProgrammingSystems.htm

Feel free to put stuff at http://lego.gerf.org/.  It's totally editable by
anyone, allowing great amount of flexibility.  I have created an area
here:
http://lego.gerf.org/cgi-bin/fom?file=12

This site is designed to be very flexible, including good viewability
under all browsers, simplified layouts (for lynx, too, see [appearances]),
editability, etc.

I'd also be happy to accept applications for a moderator for that section
(or any others).  I'm not conversant with the NCQ (though I plan on being,
as I have the basic Mindstorm set, and prefer linux) and would prefer
someone who could better deal with topics.

Of course, any other idea stuff you want, add them on else where.

Ciao!

--
"We can go back to dallas, November 22, 1963, stand on the grassy knoll and shout,'DUCK!!'"
-Kryten (Red Dwarf episode: Timeslides)

The Doctor What: Guru to the Gods                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC