 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1156 (-20)
  RcxCC Font problem

First, thanks a lot to continue the developpment of RcxCC. Your program is great ! I have a little problem with your program. I made a font for my own purpose (small, readable, all characters different). This font is not display correctly in your (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Another new RcxCC version

hi John, (...) RCXcc / reset worked fine, that's a lot more extended then the orginal RCXcc ! (...) At the moment I'm building such an implementation, the main program is a kind of oscilloscope and the launched application is a controler for a (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Another new RcxCC version

(...) I'm guessing the problem with templates is a registry problem. If you are comfortable with editing your registry you might check for a Templates key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\So...CC\version 3.2\. If that key exists but it contains no string (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Another new RcxCC version

hi John, looks good, but I can't use it yet. The main problem I have is that I can't see my templates. At once I found them, a window 10 pixels win width and 25 pixels in height, and I can't get it bigger. Am I doing something wrong ? Very nice (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Another new RcxCC version

Rather than postpone this upload until I'm completely done with the feature, I decided to make it available for anyone interested since I think it is turning out to be very nice. I've just posted version 3.2.7.3 of RcxCC (with the latest source) to (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New RcxCC page

(...) 1) Enhanced watch window with counters (for RCX2 & Scout). Watching the Scout now mostly works. I'm still trying to find out how to poll the timers on the Scout. 2) New Remote dialog that is closely modelled after the Lego Remote (works with (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MindScope, watch sensors/vars/timers in a graph

hi All, Version 1.0 is released and sources are published. Major improvements: - fast sampling ( 1 channel = 50 Hz / 2 channels = 33 Hz / 3 channels = 23 Hz / 4 channels = 18 Hz) - no spirit.ocx required - some bugs fixed have fun with it ! (...) (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New RcxCC page

I finally whipped together a very simple web page for my revised RcxCC. You can find it at: (URL) Hansen (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Another RcxCC revision

hi John, Fantastic that you released your sources !! That's a good reason for me to try and test your program. I haven't found the time to do it. Also I'll try to compile your sources and look into them. I'll let you know my experiences. (...) met (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Another RcxCC revision

I just uploaded another revised rcxcc.zip file to my website. (URL) isn't changed significantly from the version I uploaded last night. I cleaned up the source code and removed obsolete references to units that aren't used now that I've abandoned (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC's RCX Communication Code

(...) You'll need a bunch of files from the rcxlib directory (primarily RCX_Link.cpp, which implements the communication protocol). You'll also need the serial interface code which resides in platform/PSerial_unix.cpp (plus a few include files in (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC's RCX Communication Code

Hi- This message is probably only answerable by Dave, but someone else might know the answer. I'm trying to build a GNOME (a linux GUI) application for controlling the RCX, ala the tools menu of RCXcc. Anyway, I wanted to know what files I would (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

(...) I knew Scout didn't support the opcode, but overlooked the Cybermaster case. I'll fix it for NQC as well. The return value for an unsupported opcode doesn't really matter since nothing is going to come back anyway, so predictive will fail no (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

(...) I made PredictReplyLength a member of the RCXLink class so it can return a different value for case 0x20 (it returns 20 if the Target is Cybermaster and 0 if it is Scout - since the Scout doesn't support that opcode). Of course, in Object (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

(...) Correct - dynamic timing is turned off when predictive is being used (which is the default). Predictive is relatively new, and I wasn't sure which code you started with (or how you ported/used it), so that's why I explained the dynamic timing. (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

hi John, I'm curious to see your "Fakespirit" class. At this moment I only need a limit set of commands, so I send by a couple of simple routines to my serial commport driver (indepent thread). Here is the basic code I use, timing is very a stable (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

(...) I'm using AutoLink.Send for most things. Initially I was always closing the link at the end of each method (which mostly map to the Spirit OCX API). I've made that configurable and at present I'm running with it set to leave the link open. (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

(...) I looked into this a bit more and the poll bytecode (0x12) didn't have a case in the PredictReplyLength() switch. If you add... case 0x12: // poll return 2; then poll will be a lot faster. If you run into other bytecodes that you use a lot, (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC vs Spirit communication speed

The retry timing for RCX_Link uses a dynamic backoff, which is a good general purpose solution if you're going to be sending lots of packets (like a typical NQC download) and the latency through the serial driver is unknown and/or unpredictable (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC vs Spirit communication speed

This is more a general RCX communication question, actually. As I mentioned here previously, I've ported the NQC communication code to Delphi for the purposes of modifying RcxCC to not use the Spirit OCX. At present I have a version of RcxCC that (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact