 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1153
Re: Another new RcxCC version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 17:36:39 GMT

hi John,

looks good, but I can't use it yet.
The main problem I have is that I can't see my templates. At once I found them, a window 10 pixels win width and 25 pixels in height, and I can't get it bigger. Am I doing something wrong ?

Very nice improvements, the ones I liked most:
--------------------------------
- ^C copies clean text
- nice print preview and page setup
- good preferences
- program locking
- autosave option
- it seems to work with my battery-less IR-tower (although I haven''t tried everything)

My wishes (only 1 at the moment, and maybe difficult)
The "Tools"-menu, in a way like it's implemented in Delphi, but even somewhat more sophisticated.
Background I've written some programs to communicate with the RCX, to test hardware and software I'd like to start these programs from within RCXcc. So it's somewhat more complicated then the Tools-menu in Delphi, because there must be some communication between RCXcc and the other executables, because they share the same resources (comm-port).

Some minor problems
--------------------
When I first started the program, I got IO-error 103, my fault, I dislike that winzip puts the files in his own directories and so all the files came into one directory. Why not make a self-extracting zip ?
---------------------
In the preferences I set "Don't connect to the brick" and on startup it stills come with a message if it cann't make contact to the RCX.
---------------------
That terrible Toolbars !!, within 10 seconds you can move them in such a way, that you can't find them anymore (it's a Delphi bug I think). Why not fix them !
I you start fast polling ( watching the brick), the cursor is a "waiting-glas", very unpleasant for clicking checkboxes or editing.

John Hansen wrote:

Rather than postpone this upload until I'm completely done with the feature,
I decided to make it available for anyone interested since I think it is
turning out to be very nice.

I've just posted version 3.2.7.3 of RcxCC (with the latest source) to my
website:

Stef Mientki