 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1147
1146  |  1148
Subject:
Another RcxCC revision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:20:36 GMT

I just uploaded another revised rcxcc.zip file to my website.

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.zip

It isn't changed significantly from the version I uploaded last night.  I
cleaned up the source code and removed obsolete references to units that
aren't used now that I've abandoned Spirit.  I did add the ability to lock
any or all the program slots from the preferences menu.  If a program slot
is locked it will not allow you to download a program to that slot.

I've also uploaded the current source code.  If you make any enhancements
please send me a copy of your changes as I intend to keep making revisions
myself.  You'll need to download and install the SynEdit package which you
can obtain at:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/synedit.zip

You can get the official source at SourceForge but I've made several fixes
and revisions that haven't made it back into the official source yet.  The
zip mentioned above only includes the package and source directories and not
the demos that come with the official source release.  Once you extract the
files in this zip into a directory you'll need to add the appropriate
package to Delphi and include the source directory in the library path.  If
you don't know how to do all that then you probably shouldn't be trying to
fiddle with the source code. :-)

The rcxcc source code is at:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc_src.zip

There are two projects in this zip.  Rcxcc.dpr and FakeSpiritTest.dpr.  The
FakeSpiritTest project is for testing some of the FakeSpirit class
functionality and it implements many of the command-line options that NQC
provides for communicating with the programmable brick.  Remember that you
can't successfully open and modify the RcxCC project until you've installed
the SynEdit package.

If all you are interested in is the Delphi port of Dave Baum's NQC
communication code you'll find that in the following units:

FakeSpirit.pas
NQCSerial.pas
rcx_cmd.pas
rcx_constants.pas
rcx_link.pas
RcxLog.pas
srecord.pas

There are still several not yet implemented methods in FakeSpirit.pas.  And
there aren't many comments.

LMKWYT,

John Hansen