 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 474
Re: Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:50:16 GMT

Luis Villa wrote:
As I understand it, the patch provides support for interrupts, which, at
least from my glance over the code, are necessary only for LNP stuff.
(Markus, feel free to correct me on this.) So, it will compile with your
"old" cross compiler and provide workable binaries (at least the limited
ones that I have tried.)
-Luis

In theory, everything should work with an unpatched cross compiler, too.
legOS code checks a preprocessor define, CONF_RCX_COMPILER, I think, to
determine whether patched or unpatched compilers are used. The problem
is, I don't have an unpatched compiler around anymore. Also, I did all
my development with a patched compiler. So old-style support was added
quite late in the process, and it might be shaky.

I'll look into gcc-2.95 problems later this week, I haven't tried that
compiler version yet. Possibly, gcc-2.95 might handle register
allocation differently, thus breaking legOS code. For now, egcs-1.1.1 or
1.1.2 should be safe.

Please understand that I am very busy right now. Later this week may
really mean Sunday.

Markus.

--
"Nieder mit den Zitaten!" -Markus L. Noga <markus@noga.de>