 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 468
467  |  469
Subject:
Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:19:49 GMT

Hi,

if I am not wrong, I have a problem similar to Martin's:

When I load the legOS-0.2.2 kernel to the RCX,
the kernel dies leaving "on  -" on the LCD.

It doesn't accept any key input,
only removing the batteries helps.

When I nevertheless try to load a user program, the
"V"-like transmission symbol appears for a
fraction of a second, then nothing...

Strangely, the same kernel with the same firmdl3
loads and runs smoothly on Markus's machine
while his doesn't on mine.

BTW, I had no problems at all with legOS-0.1.7.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Heiko

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:

from the RCX. Indeed, it looks like the RCX hangs immediately after the
tower has started transmission. ON/OFF-PRGM has no effect anymore, so i
have to remove the batteries to get the RCX back to life.