 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3408
Re: BrickOS installation with WinME and Cygnus problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 13:52:52 GMT

Tom Pugsley wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Max Bowsher wrote:
Tom Pugsley wrote:
$ less Makefile.common
BASH: /usr/bin/less: Permission denied

Weird. Could you post the output of "ls -l /usr/bin/less"? Also, run
"cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.out", and send the cygcheck.out file to me
(directly, since this stupid mailing list blocks all attachments).

   Here's one of your suggestions, and the cygcheck.out file is in the
email (the check is in the mail) ;)  Most of this is greek to me; it's
been a long time since I've been able to deal with a Unix system.

Tom Pugsley

tpugsley@laptop /brickOS
$ ls -l /usr/bin/less
-rwxr-xr-x    1 tpugsley all        115200 Jul 24 01:51 /usr/bin/less

Odd. I don't understand where that "Permission denied" message came from.

What happens if you simply run "less"? Does less work on any files at all?
Perhaps you would like to take this to the Cygwin mailing list
(cygwin@cygwin.com). (I subscribe there, too.)

Max.