 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3402
Re: BrickOS installation with WinME and Cygnus problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:19:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ed Manlove wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Tom Pugsley wrote:
Thanks, Max, John, and Ed for your help.  I will try some of the suggestions
this afternoon after work.  I will also post some more helpful output if someone
will remind me how to port Cygwin output to a text file (and DOS output?)  I
read the command somewhere on this newsgroup, but didn't write it down.

Tom

Tom,

You can always use the classic pipe to command, >. For example

$ make strip > output.txt

My favorite means of grabbing the commands I type and their output is to set the
buffer size of my DOS window to something very large and just select the text
with my mouse via click and drag.  Then I right click in the DOS window to copy
the selected text to the clipboard for pasting into Notepad.  If you would like
to try this method and aren't sure how to set the screen buffer size let me
know.

John Hansen