 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2389
  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Here's my first cut at more detail. Thanks to a couple of you for providing some hint of your desired direction and for making my day by your showing of interest. I've more to add but you can get a feel for what I've been thinking to date. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

This looks good so far Stephen. I agree with the time-to-release remarks (although I love to dive in to new code 8-) Also, I like the idea of not updating to a new compiler (as I just got this machine setup and the compiler working well). I am (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

I read over the proposed release changes for 0.2.6, just a few ideas. I recently picked up a second RCX and found it quite difficult to do development using legOS on two RCXs. I might just be missing something, but I had to maintain two seperate (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Thanks for reading it. (...) I'll need time to play with this. It seems to me this is not the first time this has been mentioned in this news group. Has anybody thought of using the downloader as a means for setting the RCX id? Seems to me it (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

"Stephen M Moraco" <stephen_moraco@agilent.com> wrote in message news:GtIG2u.7Gy@lugnet.com... (...) I believe the firmdl application could load the .srec, look for a tag and replace the tag with the user selected RCX ID. Then transmit as it always (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Stephen, My SourceForge id is emanlove. And a few comments ... - Although you say the idea of a distribution shape is minor, it might be useful to start off using this so that we can be consistant from the beginning. And it sounds like a good (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Sounds good to me, I'll fix them up and put them in as patches. As far as keeping things small they will be able to be excluded at compile time, much like everything else in LegOS. It is probably also a good idea to have all 3rd party sensors (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) remove (...) I (...) to (...) Yes, I had. With newer gcc versions and Cygwin on win32. I fixed #defines problem with a dos2unix text file conversion. (...) I've posted a Bug on sourceforge for printf.c. Same problem happens to older GCC (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

<snip> > > I retrieved the latest from CVS and had problems building. I had to remove > the "\" from the end of some #define statements. I guess the gcc version I > have doesn't support (multi-line) #defines using "\" or isn't configured to > allow (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Please, post your diff file on sourceforge: (URL) Paolo. --- "If you don't care, your customers never will." - Marlene Blaszczyk (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)