 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2372
Re: RCX as a PGP engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:34:03 GMT

I just 'ported' (euphemism for minor modifications) some
code lingering on the web for fun and voila: MD5 on RCX
is up and running (lejos). If anyone's interested, I can
post the code.

Definitely post it! Better than that, how about sending me the code and I'll
add it to our robots section as a unique demonstration.

It would be a nice project for somebody to implement bignums on leJOS,
the API is in java.math.BigInteger .
work in progress, but it's probably not going to be of any use
for implementing, say, RSA. (memory, no GC,...) (maybe when restricting
BigInt just to what is needed for RSA computation...)

Shouldn't be a problem. Most of the source code in the official Sun package
is easy to port to leJOS. BigInteger probably has a lot of native code for
speed though. People are sure going to wonder "Why did they make BigInteger
for robot projects?" :)

- Brian
http://www.mts.net/~bbagnall