 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2158
  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) Looks like you're probably the first to try this, so good luck! But if the Darwin version of cc can be built to support the h8, you're still gonna have to (most likely) make changes to firmdl & dll programs to get them working with the Mac. Do (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) You mean USB on Mac OS X, or the USB tower specifically on any platform? You are really screwed if you need a serial driver on OS X. Since no serial hardware exists on post-98 Apple machines, OS X omits the legacy serial driver APIs. USB is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) I was able to get NQC working with the USB tower under Mac OS X pretty easily. IMHO, support for an application to directly access USB devices is pretty good. If anyone is trying this, feel free to grab the OSX/USB code I wrote for NQC (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) Dave, first thank you for NQC and its Mac support. If only its collegues weren't such a headache! I am using a serial tower with a Keyspan adapter and the setup works great for NQC following your readme file. I had been wondering though, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) 8?) Only suggestion I have here is the Darwin developer mailing list(s). Or even the doco with their version may explain how to build a cross-compiler. They may have removed support, though unlikely if configure accepted the h8 target. They (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) If I remember correctly, the tty devices will block in open() until they see some handshake (perhaps DCD) from the other side, while cu devices open right away and ignore handshake. I'd suggest taking a look at the code that initializes the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)