 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1216
1215  |  1217
Subject:
Persistent globals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 19:05:48 GMT

Whew, I've been writing here a lot. I guess now that things work, it's a
lot more enjoyable! :) Anyway, here goes....

I recall that with older versions of legOS, global variables were only
initialized once, when the program was downloaded. Afterwards, they were
preserved across runs and powerdowns until the program was reloaded from
the computer again. I'm now in a sitaution where that would be helpful to
me, and it looks as if legOS 0.2.3 eliminates it. Is this correct, or am I
seeing something totally different? If it is correct, is there a good way
now to store persistent data like that?

--
  "Do not go gentle into that good night.
   Rage, rage against the dying of the light."