 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3724 (-20)
  brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I have installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6 in my SuSE 9.0 machine. First, I downloaded binutils-2.14.tar.gz and gcc-3.3.tar.gz Then I built h8300-hitachi-hms crosscompiler from gcc and binutils. After that, I have downloaded and installed (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with "dll"

Try this: ./dll [options] that's a period and a forward slash before the dll Dan "Franz Steinmetz" <franzlst@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:HvyC12.20wJ@lugnet.com... (...) helloworld (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) It sounds like you are having cygwin issues. Do you have a copy of bash.exe in a directory on your path somewhere other than in c:\cygwin\bin? Does your path include c:\cygwin\bin? If it doesn't then you need to add it to your path. You should (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, Yesterday I changed it into "\brickos", but as wanted to download a Programm again today, it didn't work (also only with Cygwin not). So I tried everything, I have also deinstalled BricxCC, Cygwin and BrickOS (perhaps some registry files (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Can you explain a little more what you mean by "sometimes"? Are you saying that with the OS root set to \brickos compiling works for some programs but not for others or are you saying that with BricxCC installed on one computer it works with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I've again found a way to solve this problem: Sometimes you have to replace the OS root "\brickos" with "c:\cygwin\brickos". Sometimes it works just with "\brickos". I don't know why. Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) I am glad you were able to get this sorted out. I should add a note to the readme.txt which makes this additional configuration step for folks who already have earlier releases of BricxCC installed clear. John Hansen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

I have found the solution myself (and with the help of the Mindstorms Forum): Edit -> Preferences -> Compiler C/C++/Pascal Here you have to set the right paths. The OS root was wrong. (At me) It has to be /brickos and not /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

It was just a testprogram: int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { return 0; } But it's the same with all other progs, too. Thx Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Post your source code and we'll tell you. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I want to say thanks, too, but I have a problem: I cant't compile and download programmes to the RCX. I always get the message: Compile Failed Errors found during compilation But I can download the firmware. Does anyone has a solution? Thx Franz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems with "dll"

Hi, I've installed cygwin and BrickOS successfully and downloaded the helloworld program, it workes. But when I now want to download a program with dll, following message appears: bash: dll: command not found What can I do? Thanks Franz Steinmetz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Bluetooth and firmware query

Mike, If you're interested, pbForth replacement firmware may be the answer for many of your issues. My serial driver for the RCX is a straight half duplex that turns off the receiver when transmitting to avoid echoes from the IR. It could be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Bluetooth and firmware query

As some of you may know, we have been hacking RCXs and adding bluetooth modules. What would make life easier is some help modifying the firmware to increase the speed of the serial protocols to the max the Hitachi chip can handle, which is a lot (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

(...) Hi Brian, Others have reported this problem as well. Check out this thread for a fix: (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

I have been adding some button functionality to key_handler() in program.c. I have been getting numerous compile errors like "address 0xb016 of getaddress.dc1 section .bss is not within region ram". It seems to occur when I increment an int (e.g. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Hi Stephen, Any progress with the Linux 2.6 USB Tower ? If need some one to test, please post a link to NCQ. Regards, Pieter (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Solved my problem with lnpd

Hi, That patch didn't make any difference for me. I still cant receive from the tower atleast not with integerity packets. What does the code you removed do ? //PAtrik (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Use of lnp_addressing_write() in an RCX program.

When setting lnp address using dll, you dont have to specify rcx target so I guess you are using integrity_write for that. So in this case you have to write a program for the receiveing RCX to make it change address(If you haven't done that). This (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Threaded LNP problems

Hi, I've written a small program with a few rcx's moving around trying to communicate with each other through IR. Every Robot is supposed to send it's lnp address every 100ms in a seperate thread, listen for other robots in another thread and move (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact