 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2799 (-20)
  Re: some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR

(...) Hey Ken, I had similar troubles when trying to do development for multiple bots and different LNP addresses. What I found was that I needed to do a fresh recompile of the entire legOS project whenever I changed the LNP ID, as well recompiling (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR

hi all. im currently using legOS 0.2.4.(on linux) i have created a communication algorithm builing on lnp_addressing_write for use with multiple RCX's and as such i need to differ between them. this i thought i could do by changing the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Camera Shutter Speed Measurement in Legos

I wrote a little program to measure shutter speeds and it seems to work. It uses a light sensor in passive mode to be more accurate at fast shutter speeds. I think it could be fairly accurate at even 1/1000 sec. If anyone is interested I could send (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cyggy

(...) URL. Current Cygwin works very well. The only problem is some Makefile breakage in brickos. BTW, I think hosting that cygwin.exe is a technical violation of the GPL. Max. (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP questions

The variable 'tx_state' referenced in lnp-logical.h will have the value TX_ACTIVE if transmitting. lnp_integrity_write can be blocking for other reasons such as waiting for the xmit buffer to be available or waiting for a delay after transmit (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cyggy

I have a vaguely important post which is: the new version of Cygwin is a bugger to get working with Brickos 0.2.6, but the old version, Cygwin B-20 works fine so nobody waste your time on the new version of Cyggy and download it from (URL) for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & vision command

Is there a way to include Vision command librayrie for brickOS devellopment ? I think VC is really slow !! nanobapt (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP questions

Can anyone tell me if this function is blocking: lnp_integrity_write or, how can I find out when it is complete? I'm trying to do proximity stuff with BrickOS and I want to know when IR is being transmitted. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

Make sure you've editted Makefile.common. The TOOLPREFIX and LEGOS_ROOT lines should point to the appropriate directories on your system, as described in the comments. Make sure that you put a trailing slash on the LEGOS_ROOT directory. -- From "The (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: "No such file or directory"

which command is execute by the make ?? nanobapt ----- Original Message ----- From: Ralph Clark <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:52 PM Subject: Re: "No such file or directory" (...) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: "No such file or directory"

Well chaps, 0.2.6 is still messing around with me so I've gone back to legOS 0.2.5 which works perfectly! "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H17EG6.Epv@lugnet.com... (...) errors: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  "No such file or directory"

Please could someone help me. When I type "make rover.lx" in the demo directory in the legos-0.2.6 directory, the compiler gives me these errors: rover.c:29: conio.h: No such file or directory rover.c:30: unistd.h: No such file or directory (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work but thanks for your input anyway. (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

kenneth johansen <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D6145A4.82718C....uit.no... (...) new (...) called (...) change:) (...) I did a quick Search within google and came up with these two threads (URL) gives a step by step procedure for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: compile error

There was a problem in our makefiles (fixed post 0.2.6.05) that affected building images from a subdirectory of the LegOS root. I think the problem comes about when using Cygwin and you put the LegOS source root in a directory parallel to the Cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to check if a thread is still alive?

Hi, this is my first post to this group, so please excude if this is a trivial question... I just got started with Mindstorms and am playing around with the various programming options available trying to find the one that fits me best. I started of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

I get a compile error too, but a different one. I have written a simple program called light.c which I have put in the demo directory. I then cd into the demo directory and type "make light.lx", but then I get loads of errors as follows: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Any news on USB support for linux?

Keep an eye on legousb.sourceforge.net I've got some file releases going out this week which should meet your needs. (Revived the project, working off of Bret Thaeler's code [been unable to get ahold of him]). -Brendan (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

(...) I believe there are, or at least were, some technical problems around just changing the name of a group. So perhaps having the old name group stick around is the better approach. That group could even be locked for posting, perhaps, (with some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.admin.general)

  compile error

I'm trying to compile the demo code provided with legOS-0.2.6. When I type "make helloworld.lx" or "make all", I get the following error: Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using Linux kernel 2.4.19. -Dan /usr/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-ld -T (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact