 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2798
2797  |  2799
Subject:
some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:22:07 GMT

hi all. im currently using legOS 0.2.4.(on linux)
i have created a communication algorithm builing on lnp_addressing_write
for use with multiple RCX's and as such
i need to differ between them. this i thought i could do by changing the
CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR variable in the config.h file in the boot
directory in legOS, rebuild legOS and upload it to each RCX with a
different CONF_LNP_HOST_ADDR value for each RCX.
so i changed the CONF_LNP_ADDR from 0x00 to 0x10. typed make in the
legOS root directory and uploaded the OS to the RCX.
So far so good. i then tried to upload a *.lx program, but was unable to
do this until i tried:
./dll -p1 -r 10--tty /dev/ttyS0 ../projects/test_program.lx
i had not used the -r option before, but using it made me able to upload
my program.. my problem now is that the program on the RCX hangs as soon
as
i try to start it by pressing the RUN button.

my program DOES work if i CONF_LNP_HOST_ADDR is set to 0x00 (which is
default), so i guess there is something im missing here..

anyone have any ideas what i have missed!?

regards
kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no