 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2800
Re: some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:03:52 GMT

hi there, and thnx for the quick reply!

so changing the CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR, rebuilding legOS and *.lx program and then
download both should work ?
oki, ill give it a try tomorrow when i have access to the RCX's. ill also look
into the patches you mentioned.
initially id like to get it to work withouth too much fiddling with patching and
stuff, but if theres no way around, i guess ill do it :)

kenneth
kennetj@stud.cs.uit.no

Mark Falco wrote:

./dll -p1 -r 10--tty /dev/ttyS0 ../projects/test_program.lx
i had not used the -r option before, but using it made me able to upload
my program.. my problem now is that the program on the RCX hangs as soon
as

Hey Ken, I had similar troubles when trying to do development for multiple bots
and different LNP addresses.  What I found was that I needed to do a fresh
recompile of the entire legOS project whenever I changed the LNP ID, as well
recompiling my program.  You'd need to do this each time you download to a
different bot :(

In responce to this anoyance I created a patch for the legOS kernel and the dll
utility which allows you to reset the LNP ID once the firmware if loaded,
rather then at compile time.  In my opinion this makes multi robot development
much simpler, and doesn't require all the constant recompiles.  The patch was
against legOS 0.2.6, but it may apply cleanly to 0.2.4?  It turns out that
someone with CVS access added a similar feature shortly after and it should be
in the head revision of legOS but not in 0.2.6.  Our features and
implementation were nearly identical so either is a good option.  If you want
to try mine as a patch then look in the patches section of the legOS page (not
the new brickOS page).

mark