 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2782
Re: Any news on USB support for linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:37:37 GMT

Keep an eye on legousb.sourceforge.net

I've got some file releases going out this week which should meet your needs.
(Revived the project, working off of Bret Thaeler's code [been unable to get
ahold of him]).

-Brendan

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ben Westgarth writes:
Hi there,
Is there any news on the development of support for the USB IR tower under
linux?

I found a HOWTO on the net by Ryan Simmons which claims to be able to get
the tower working using a patch written by Bret Thaeler.

http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~rjs7988/690/instruct.html

Has anyone been able to get this patch working? I installed everything as
per Ryan's instructions and everything installed okay. When I ran firmdl it
would start okay, and the green LED in the tower would light up briefly then
die and relight occasionally. Then, after about 5 minutes or so, firmdl
throws the message: "status = no response from rcx"

Are there any alpha, beta, testing versions of any patches anywhere that
someone has got working?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks, Ben