 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2399 (-10)
  Deleting Programs

Per message: (URL) there be a way to delete programs via the RCX buttons? Or perhaps just a dll -delete option? I have concidered adding a simple menu (using the view button or something in program.c perhaps) Could provide these functions: 1) View (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Another LegOS Feature - Combo Sensor

With the latest surge of interest in updating LegOS, I’d like to offer an idea that I think would be nice to add. A few months ago, someone posted some sensor code that allowed a light sensor and a rotation sensor to be connected to the same port. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RFC: smaller task scheduler

I have been working on some changes to the task scheduler (and therefore execi, kill, killall) and have reduced the size/complexity a bit. I think it is ready for use (although I am going to continue to test it). Here is a bit of info. about it: (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

"Stephen M Moraco" <stephen_moraco@agilent.com> wrote in message news:GtIG2u.7Gy@lugnet.com... (...) I believe the firmdl application could load the .srec, look for a tag and replace the tag with the user selected RCX ID. Then transmit as it always (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

(...) Thanks for reading it. (...) I'll need time to play with this. It seems to me this is not the first time this has been mentioned in this news group. Has anybody thought of using the downloader as a means for setting the RCX id? Seems to me it (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Final RFC on next legOS release (would have been legOS 0.2.6)

We are now actively deciding what the next release of legOS will be. (yes there will be a name change and, likely, the numbering will change but -for now- let's call it legOS 0.2.6) I've put together a more formal description of what we know today. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

I read over the proposed release changes for 0.2.6, just a few ideas. I recently picked up a second RCX and found it quite difficult to do development using legOS on two RCXs. I might just be missing something, but I had to maintain two seperate (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

This looks good so far Stephen. I agree with the time-to-release remarks (although I love to dive in to new code 8-) Also, I like the idea of not updating to a new compiler (as I just got this machine setup and the compiler working well). I am (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Name suggestion

I think I suggested this before, but how about Leg-OS. This isn't easily confusable with Lego, and allows us to keep saying "leg os". mark (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

And don't forget: We need a new NAME!!! There is no reference to legOS on the LEGO MINDSTORMS homepage. I understand their reason for this but it would be good for brickOS (formerly known as legOS) to get more popular. Mike (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact