 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2374 (-20)
  Proposal: int program_running()

I have noticed several places in the kernel where nb_tasks is used to see if a program is running. Currently, nb_tasks > 3 means that a program is running and <= 3 means that just the kernel processes are running. I would like to propose that the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

Here are some prehaps useful links (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX as a PGP engine

(...) Definitely post it! Better than that, how about sending me the code and I'll add it to our robots section as a unique demonstration. (...) Shouldn't be a problem. Most of the source code in the official Sun package is easy to port to leJOS. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX as a PGP engine

(...) I just 'ported' (euphemism for minor modifications) some code lingering on the web for fun and voila: MD5 on RCX is up and running (lejos). If anyone's interested, I can post the code. It allows for authentication (PC sends random challenge, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: motors are stuck...

(...) This applies to the red 2x2 micromotor, not to the mini or power motor found in the RIS. I vaguely remember (try searching in LUGNET news) that the way to save a power motor, if at all possible, is to apply power in the right way, and not to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

According to a book by Ferrari brothers ("Building Robots With Lego Mindstorms") here's what you can try: --- How to release a Jammed Micromotor A micromotor jams so easily, you should know what to do when it occurs. The following list should help: (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

just give Lego a call at 1-800-363-2140 they'll have the new stuff in the mail the next day. you don't need to send in the broken parts either ...although for the sake of all Lego enthusiasts please don't take advantage of that. good luck "Jeremy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

Thanks for the follow-ups. Well, he's still a "friend" - after all he did give me the stuff for free and with no guarantees that it would work. I guess it'll just be a chance to crack open one of these babies! I think the stuff is pretty old, and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

You may also be able to return them to Lego for free and get replacements, it depends on how old they are. I would try before you have to buy a new motor, they aren't the cheapest. Andy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Benton Jackson" (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: motors are stuck...

Jeremy, The motors that come with Mindstorms are geared internally, and it's probably jammed gears that are causing you woes. Your "friend" gave you some broken motors. I've never taken one apart-- it snaps together in a way that looks easy to break (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  motors are stuck...

I recently inherited an RCX 1.0, a serial IR tower and a few motors from a gracious friend. After many headaches, I finally got legOS 0.2.5 running on RH 7.1 and am able to compile and DL programs to the RCX. There is one odd thing, however - of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with lnpd...help!?

(...) this must be char test4 = 'a'; I think. Otherwise, you won't sent an 'a' anyway. But I can't imaginge why you want to do this. Michael Ash has shown a way to fiddle the strings into a contigous data area ready to be sent. But why do you want (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with lnpd...help!?

(...) That's wrong. You should write "char test4 = 'a';", otherwise you are implicitly casting the character 'a' to a pointer to store it in test4 (the compiler should warn you about this; use -Wall to catch these errors). (...) Then this line (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with lnpd...help!?

This is really more of a general C question than an lnpd question. Anyway, the problem is with serialization; you want to take a structure in memory, and turn it into a stream of bytes, either to store in a file, send over a network, or whatever. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problem with lnpd...help!?

hi all. im using legOS 0.2.4 and using lnpd to communicate with my linux box. now then, here is my problem. lets imagine i have the following: foo{ int test; char *test2; void *test3; }; char *test4 = 'a'; char *test5 = 'b'; struct foo bar* = NULL; (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS not working with external relay switches

quite possibly. I havn't hooked up a scope, but it seems to be as close to full power as possible....interesting "Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> wrote in message news:006401c1c9ec$bd...ibm.com... (...) power (...) otherwise (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS not working with external relay switches

I think I remember hearing that legOS full power is actually about 99% power ??? Something to do with an optimization to the code, which would otherwise require special handling ??? This is a vague memory - can others confirm ??? Max. ----- Original (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux driver for USB Tower

A better link would be (URL) you have to find the link for the Project Home Page (under Public Areas). Ed P.S. I am not involved either! Rainer Balzerowski <balze2@gmx.net> wrote in message news:Gpn9Lo.6E@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS not working with external relay switches

three 2200uf capacitors fixed the problem but does anyone know why the difference between legOS and the standard firmware?? "Kingsley Gifford" <kgifford@thezone.net> wrote in message news:3C8BDD44.809080...one.net... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fw: exponents, e^

legOS isnt hard to setup on windows, but i think lejos is an easier environment to setup/use, especially for users who have no cygwin/unix experience.... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact