 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 841 – 860 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Vision Command Wires

Vision Command is a monster install. Mine crashed when it got to the part where you plug in the camera and it does the hardware install. I was cheating a bit. My Logitec Pro camera has about a five foot cord, so I had a 10 foot extension. Since it (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, long
(score: 3.364)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

(...) Fixing that has been on the to-do list for a long time. But it just isn't a high priority since there are easy workarounds. Right now adding USB support is top priority. Dave Baum (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, long
(score: 3.363)

  Re: XCam2 as replace for Vision Command?

Apparently it only works with the Lego cam. Using any other camera (USB or not) will not work as several people here tried it already. I have both the lego camera and the XCam2. XCam2 is great as long as you have plenty of light! Otherwise, the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, long
(score: 3.363)

  RE: IR communications related questions (long)

(...) Back? You're switching back? Great! Sorry for quoting so much, but the points are apropos the discussion... (...) I based pbForth on hForth, by Wonyong Koh. It is pretty much compatible with any ANSI forth as well. Check out (URL) for more (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, long
(score: 3.305)

  RE: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

Even more interesting.... I've also just replaced the IRED I replaced a few hours ago in my RCX :-( This time, I'm putting a limiting resistor between the IREDs in the RCX to keep the current within limits. The following is pure conjecture on my (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.300)

  Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) Maybe this is shedding some light on why LEGO removed the Power Port in the 1.5's. To remove a known problem without dealing with it.?.?.? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.300)

  Re: is IR considered broken?

Sorry it took so long to reply, Mark... I somehow seem to have deleted your mail and only noticed it on the newsgroup by accident. Here are my thoughts. (...) Uhuh. This is (apparently) not a unique experience. (...) I have not had that experience, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, long
(score: 3.298)

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

(...) The Lego IR protocol is pretty simple. If you have demodulated output, why not dump some samples here so we can see if they make sense? The encoding is straight serial, but inverted - a pulse of light indicates a zero or a low voltage on a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.298)

  RE: IR Problems

Elizabeth is quite right. It's easy to get collisions on the IR "bus" if two devices are sending (or replying) simultaneously. What I've done in the past with two RCXs is define one RCX as primary that is periodically (every 100 to 250 milliseconds (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.298)

  Re: Extending IR communications

In terms of power requirements and battery life, has anyone here actually quantified how much of a difference that makes? Its a damn good idea - as long as you have white, and relatively flat ceilings. If you dont want/are not able to reposition (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  RCX IR to RF conversion

Hi, My name is Tiago, and I'm from Brazil. This is my first post here, but I'm watching this group for a long time. Recently I saw a post here about a RCX IR to RF converter, created by the NEAT group. I was wondering, does anyone build their (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Thanks a lot for posting this very useful information, Mark! I don't know how long I've been beating my head against the brick trying to make heads or tails out of the values I calculated for the various possible combinations of button (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

(...) i have downloaded the SerialPing.nqc program hoping to get an easy to use proximity sensor. i have modified it to work with only one light sensor. but it shows always -90 on the display. ok, sometimes -89 too. can anybody tell me, what i did (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

(...) You're welcome - it's a fun problem. At least partially because it's one of the few times I've had to worry about the speed of bytecode execution under the standard firmware (see below). (...) Given what you are transmitting and how you are (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

(...) Well, there were a couple of typos, but only one I found that was critical. If you are using a "max-picking LIDAR" method, you do *not* want to divide by the number of samples. The variable "eyeon" in your code should end up with the brightest (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 3.295)

  Re: IR header how optional -- And Infrared "Warm Up"

Regarding "Henrik Erlandsson" <e.henrik@telia.com> wrote in message news:H9orqL.M9v@lugnet.com.. and others about "warming up" the serial infra-red link electronics. (...) the web (...) does, and if (...) both. (...) I believe the "warm up" concept (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.294)

  Re: Using two RCX bricks in one robot

As long as there is some surface for the IR to bounce off, the bricks do not have to face each other. Sending messages is the technique that is used and is very effective. You can do this with any of the various programming languages. -- Bob Fay (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.294)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) You can sometimes fake it by sending "bad" codes in -raw mode with verbose mode turned on (-v) and a long timeout (-t). For example, to examine the Lego remote codes I kept typing this: nqc -v -t 2000 -raw 10 Since I didn't have an RCX around (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 3.294)

  Re: IR header - A Detailed Explanation

Several posts have speculated about the use and necessity of the "header" bytes used by standard RCX messaging. Hopefully this post provides definitive information on the topic. The ROM firmware uses a 30 milli-second inter-character timer. If if is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 3.294)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

Brian, thanks for your advice. it has told me what is happening physically. i build a one shot measurement program to answer your questions. here is the measurement result: Distance to wall: 26 cm (at night) 7740 7696 7666 7641 7639 7613 7613 7593 (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 3.294)

More:  Next Page >>