 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1181 – 1200 of 2193.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: IR Proximity Detection Problem

Maybe the ambient light is too high ? in that case you can decrease visible light sensitivity as well as shielding detector from red LED light using this method : (URL) (only hope that this doesn't offend your "Lego purity" sense ;o) Philo (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.495)

  Re: command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) Just to be more certain we're understanding each other, if that's ok, I'll mention that ... 1) Newbie that I am, I have no clue how frequently brickos switches on bit masks. I wonder if only to decode xD2 RemoteCommand. 2) Using log2(xx & -xx) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 0.495)

  Re: IR Proximity Detection Problem

(...) Dirk, I had a similar problem when I first tried, eventually determining that I wasn't measuring the light sensor value while the message was being sent. You have to wait a little bit after sending the message before reading the peak light (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.495)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Which COM port is RIS using? Can you describe exactly what BricxCC says/does when you try to get it to find your brick? Does the tower light come on at all? As was suggested already, try choosing the same COM port that RIS uses rather than (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 0.494)

  Re: Save the RIS!

Unfortunately, it seems that TLC doesn't have a clear idea of what to do with Mindstorms in general. Their support for the whole line has been less than full - note the failure to update software for their cameras beyond Win98. I've been using the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range
(score: 0.494)

  Swan scheduling bug?

I'm starting to use the swan firmware and I'm having a problem with the scheduling. It seems like a task with a long wait does not yield properly to other tasks. Here the NQC code sample: task taska() { WaitMS(150); AddToDatalog(9900); } task main() (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.494)

  Re: DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Nick, What you propose it's another way, and of course, should work, but we might have to create another software layer over the current operating system of the RCX (of course, legOS), and we would loose 1 sensor per RCX. What I was trying to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.494)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 0.494)

  Re: DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Just a question about this. Won't the IR airwaves will be a major bottleneck for most parallel applications? -Kekoa (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.494)

  Re: DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Last year I built a robot which used multiple RCXs in the way you mention. I was building a sumo wrestling battle bot, and at some point ran out of sensor ports. For my sumo bot I'd built up some small abstraction layers around the sensors and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.493)

  DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Hi all. I'm taking a course on parallel/distributed operating systems. So this post attempts to find out if someone has thought, or has implemented some kind of distributed application over BrickOS/legOS (from now legOS, for this post). I know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.493)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.493)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Liam, What exactly are your errors using cygwin? Post them here. I might take a couple of posts back and forth but I do believe it is possible. I have it running on Windows 98 and I know other have been successful with Windows. What windows OS are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 0.493)

  RCX to RCX NQC

One last email on this topic. There's new opcodes in the Swan firmware to support many data bytes in a single "mailbox" message. The standard firmware supports "mailbox" messages with a single byte parm. I found this very restrictive in building RCX (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.493)

  RE: Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed?

(...) Well, I'd need to vibrate things while looking at raw values, which is possible, I guess. I could run the gantry, smaple as long as possible and then store the value in an array... Something like: CREATE BUFFER 5000 CELLS ALLOT ( makes room (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

long, tower
(score: 0.493)

  Help with DataOutputStream and DataInputStream

Hi people, I´m working with lejos 2.1 and the serial tower. I was trying to send a matrix of floats from the PC to the RCX using as a model the DataInputStream and DataOutputStream examples that came with lejos. The problem I have, is that I´m (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 0.493)

  Re: reply framing in firmdl3/rcx_comm.c

--- From: Kekoa Proudfoot [via Pat LaVarre] ... About message framing, I would not say that the designers at Lego had something specific in mind for RCX-to-PC messages. Framing for those messages is very ad-hoc. One thing which is very useful is the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 0.492)

  Re: Download problem

(...) programs with the Spirit.OCX. I coded a huge program, with lots of tasks and subroutines, and long stretches of code. When I try to download it, I get the dots and then AsyncronBrickError returns Error 2048 (not 100% certain about the number) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 0.492)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

Joe, Great job on taking the bull by the horns! The following are my suggestions on a system configuration. Please note that the term "divider" is being used here to indicate the function should only be performed every Nth interrupt. OCRA interrupt (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 0.492)

  Re: Battery voltage available within NQC?

(...) If you REALLY wanted to do this, you could use the bytecode to broadcast the battery information to the IR tower and have a service running on the PC which would recieve the battery message and then send an appropriate message back to the RCX. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 0.492)

More:  Next Page >>