 Robotics / RCX / 2880
Re: Sign of center pin on power adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Kevin Karplus wrote:
The AT&T 9v AC 800mA supply sounds just about right.

Whoops, I missed that there was a third option.  I concur with this, as it's
both the right voltage and confirmed AC.  The mA rating, BTW, is a capacity
rating, so it will work for anything that draws 800mA or less.  The NXT adapter
is rated for 10.8VAC output at 700mA, and since both the RCX and the NXT use the
same number of AA batteries, you should be good.  Well, certainly better than
either of the other two options, at least.