 Robotics / RCX / 2873
Re: Sign of center pin on power adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:54:28 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Tom Lohre wrote:
I am looking for the sign of the center pin on the RCX 1.0 power adaptor plug. I
have a DC 9v 200ma transformer and want to plug it into the RCX but I do not
know what the sign is on the center of the plug. It looks like the rush on
buying the old RCX’s evaporated with the end of the school year. I imagine all
will be going to the new NXT. That will sure make the old units cheap. My Lego
robot painter is coming along: http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm.

The RCX 1.0 uses a 10V AC supply. It has a bridge rectifier, so you can use DC
9V (orientation doesn't matter). But I wouldn't recommend it as there have been
reports of burnt out rectifiers from people doing that.

It's the same PSU as used for the 9V train controllers.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk