 Robotics / RCX / 1978
  BricxCC on Win XP how

Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP? (...) For me BricxCC hardly ever works. I tried un/installing the last three available versions. Always I fail to connect via serial via IR with my brick. Lego RIS talks no worries, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

Pat For what its worth, BricxCC (latest version) works 100% fine with my Win XP setup. I am however using it with a Spybot and the included serial cable. Good luck with it Regards Philip "Pat LaVarre" <ppaatt@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Did you try to fix communication port instead of using automatic configuration ? On my machine (Win2000) where I have both a serial Spybotics cable and a RIS USB tower, I have to specify the port that BricxCC must use. Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Which COM port is RIS using? Can you describe exactly what BricxCC says/does when you try to get it to find your brick? Does the tower light come on at all? As was suggested already, try choosing the same COM port that RIS uses rather than (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Wow, key tips, great questions, fun links, thanks again for leading me into hours of enlightening experimentation. As a newbie, I'm surprised to think I see nqc reports port in use by exiting immediately without complaint, and BricxCC reports (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) You are welcome. I'm still a bit muddled as to your current situation re BricxCC and your RIS with or without the firmware installed. (...) If the port is in use NQC always reports, in my case, the following message: Could not open serial port (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

Again intriguing, again I thank you. /// BricxCC Without Firmware /// (...) Yes, does BricxCC COM1 fail for anyone else when firmware is erased? Anyone? /// Versions /// BricxCC Help About tells me I have "3.3.7.2" of "2/12/2003". Bundled with (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) If your green light is on all the time I am amazed that you are successful with any communication. Do you need to do the "open the port and wait 5 seconds" procedure to get RIS, javax.comm, and nqc to work? Something BIOS or hardware-related (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

I have a nasty feeling this a "facility" in windows at work here. I have noted that the "classic" ports (serial i/o and parallel) "jabber" when windows doesn't think they are in use. My suspicion is that there is some kind of a legacy port plug and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)