 Robotics / RCX / 1946
  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

Lego's IR protocol is proprietary, similar to that used by remote controls. This means that USB/IrDA bridges will not work, nor will the IrDA ports of laptop computers. If you have a universal remote which connects to your computer, you might be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Thanks for saying. (...) I'm often in the US, thanks for asking. Is an example of "Lego/Dacta" such a thing as: (URL) Transmitter (PC and MAC) W979783 Infrared Transmitter (USB) US$29.99 ? (...) I ask because, searching the web again now, I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) From offline: (URL) I before the store shows whether or not the store ships internationally." Searching for: USB infrared transmitter yields "No Item(s) were found". Searching for: USB IR tower yields "New" "Black Electric IR Transmitter Tower (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Not in any detail. Please can someone elaborate? (...) Thanks for saying, sorry I need help rewording these questions to get them to be more absolutely unambiguous. (...) Can I somehow fix the Lego software for dramatically less than an (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

1. Hardware upgrade to USB IR tower: Dacta is Lego's educational division. For some reason, in the US it is known as Pitsco. The Pitsco link you have found is the only way I know of getting a USB IR tower on its own. It does not need batteries. 2. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Ah, slowly I clue in, thanks, now I have found: Lego Mindstorms(TM) 2.0 Upgrade Kit (3805) (URL) to itself that page appears labelled with only "2.0 Upgrade Kit". (...) Thanks for saying. Back at that link, I see only Win 98/ME mentioned, no (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Contributing evidence includes the Lego claim that the entire new kit can be made to work in Win XP: (URL) happy to announce that Robotics Invention System 2.0 will install and run on Windows XP, if special installation instructions are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)