 Robotics / RCX / 157
Re: fast firmware downloader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:10:51 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot <kekoa@pixel.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
I will package up my version shortly and post a URL.

The URL is: http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/firmdl3.c

Just in the nick of time?  The original firmdl.c was dated 10/3/98.  It is
currently 10/3/99 (PDT at least).  This was not planned!

Like firmdl.c, firmdl3.c is a single file joined from smaller ones for
simplicity.  I will link a .tgz from:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/tools.html

The .tgz will contain up-to-date versions of the individual files, which
are easier to maintain separately.

I know that 4x downloading will not work for everybody, so I included a
--slow switch to revert to slow mode when fast mode does not work.  I also
updated a number of things I never fixed in the original firmdl, like like
better error messages, better communications error handling, special tower
wakeup code, plus a few other minor bug fixes, plus a fix that saves maybe
10-15 seconds for Firm0309.lgo, which should count up to 1500, not 1960.

-Kekoa