 Robotics / RCX / *8415 (-10)
  RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower

(...) I'll check this out on a system that has absolutely no Tcl support, but as you might expect - it works fine here :-) (...) I'm sure John Hansen would appreciate any feedback on BricxCC - even if it'a a problem report. (...) That's the spirit! (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: RotationNavigator accuracy

(...) rotation sensor counts tread rotation, but, because of skidding, the tank doesn't turn exactly the same way as treads do (...) rotation point position/drive length depends on tread width, center of weight position, speed and geometry of treads (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RotationNavigator accuracy

(...) I guess it's more hardware related problem turning with tank-style robot is ALWAYS a trouble because tank doesn't have defined centre of rotation. If you imagine the simple robot - two wheels and a castor - there is rotation center well (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, FTX)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) C++ is more particular with types than regular ol' C. However, I think BrickOS's definition of NULL in mem.h is incorrect (as this was causing one of the problems in the execi call). IMO, it should be defined like so: #ifdef __cplusplus (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RotationNavigator accuracy

Hi, I just try the rotation navigator class and have some problems with turning accuracy. My robot is a tank with treads and moving without turning works well, travel() moves the correct distance. Turning with rotate() or gotoAngle() is problematic. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) When saved as multi.c, but not when saved as multi.cpp (...) Start multiple tasks within a program that uses objects. I could rewrite a number of parts to use structs instead, but I just wanted to check that there wasn't some easy solution. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Were you able to compile it as is? What are you trying to do? What errors are you getting? I tested that with version xx.09, not the latest one. Steve (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC's future

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:HrB87H.17p1@lugnet.com... (...) future one) for NQC (...) I think your question probably meant "can I use FastTimer in defining events because I want better resolution than is possible with (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Thank you again for the help, but unfortunately it only compiles when saved as a '.c' file. Some of my code depends pretty heavily on classes... is there any easy change to make this work as object oriented code? *just spent two hours trying (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) I will make this change. Thanks for the report! John Hansen (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact