 Robotics / RCX / *660 (-20)
  RE: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Dave wrote... (...) Remember, you can send arbitrary ASCII data using pbFORTH. For example, to send "Hello World" you just use... : HELLO ." Hello World" CR ; Or to identify your RCX, you could use something like... : WHOAMI ." I am RCX number " (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

(...) Yes, you are correct - 11 bits total per byte. And yes, this is very non-standard. I believe the signal is inverted - meaning that IR light is present for "0" bits, and no light for "1" bits. But I'm going from memory here and haven't looked (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  decoding a message sent by an RCX

hiya, I have been working on an idea to extend the number and type of devices that the RCX can control. I started with the idea of encoding serial data on one of the motor lines and decoding that in a PIC to do <stuff>. However, because working at (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Handy Board software

take a look at Ray's Robotic Computer. i have a url somewhere. This dude makes a 68HC11 mini board in modules from his basement. Completely assembled and tested versions too. I found him through altavista a couple of times +breiler (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO- temporary URL

Hey! I finally have the HOWTO back up at a temporary URL- (URL) old URL may be back up as soon as this evening or afternoon, but in the meantime, please point your browsers here. Thanks for putting up with me- Luis P.S. I hope to make several (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to unzip (or bunzip2) legOS-990330.tar.bz2

I didn't even try, since the other things on the site didn't work. I got it from the site of Luis's howto.I wonder if the site will ever be fixed Frederick N. Brier wrote in message <37C3B4DC.B27D3028@m...ck.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new release???

Hi, I've been wondering why there hasn't been put out a newer release than 990330, especially since the rotation sensors doesn't work in it. But the error was identified way back in April by Mario Ferrari ((URL) STATE_0_VALUE (ds_unscale(1023U)) ... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX Battery Source

my rcx works fine with a universal ac to dc wall outlet. it has a switch to change the voltage. i've got it set at 9v and it operates at 800mA max. i figured 6 batteries x 1.5v =9v. i think it was originally for a keyboard (musical instrument, not (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  HOWTO news :(

I just got back from vacation 2-3 hrs ago, and have just found out that the school cleared our one-year name leases while I was gone. As a result, the HOWTO at arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu has been unavailable for several days (not quite sure how long (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX Battery Source

Hi All, My old cellular "bag-phone" died a while back and I replaced it with a nice teeny tiny PCS phone. I had bought the 12V 2.3Ah sealed lead battery as an option with the original phone. It is WAY smaller than the 4Ah monsters I'm using for (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Unable to unzip (or bunzip2) legOS-990330.tar.bz2

Has anyone else had a problem downloading and unzipping the current snapshot (legOS-990330.tar.bz2)? This was from the URL: (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX Image Uploader Wins Contest

Hmmm - I just got emailed that I won the "Best Lightweight Use" of the TclTk programming language in a contest sponsored by Scriptics (URL) Here's the URL from Scriptics and if you follow the link to me on that page it'll take you right to my (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Where'd the HOWTO document go?

Hi, Where's Luis Villa's HOWTO document? This is the URL I have for it: (URL) that server seems to have disappeared. Anyone know of a new home for this document? Thanks, Jonathan (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MacNQC in beta test

MacNQC is a GUI based version of NQC for the Macintosh. You can read more about it here: (URL) course, you can also find it from the main NQC site: (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Rcx Command Center version 3.0 beta avaialbe

Dear All, I am happy to announce that on the RcxCC web site there now is a beta release of RCX Command Center version 3.0 available. (URL) version uses NQC 2.0 (beta). Note that NQC 2.0 is not compatible with previous versions. RcxCC 3.0 includes a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC floating point library?

(...) Sorry, the standard RCX firmware doesn't support anything other than signed 16 bit integer math, so NQC doesn't do floating point. Depending upon the problem, you may still be able to convert the operation into appropriate integer math. If you (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC floating point library?

I don't think the rcx supports floating point, but you could scale by a certain amount to do the math. Jim Knepley wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC floating point library?

I have a need to do floating point math in the RCX, but NQC only seems to natively support integers. Is there a floating point library for NQC? Jim (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?

(...) Well, that beats my Centris 610 (1993, with a 68040 upgrade) as the oldest Mac I've heard running NQC. -Tim (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: MindFest

Ben wrote... (...) I did the same thing, and noticed that the 24T gears that came with my Mindstorms DON'T look like that, they are missing the little hands. Fortunately I have a lot of the older ones... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact